Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Grad Transfer season is fully upon us. Steele has already been mentioned with two names:

Justin Pierce, 6'7, William & Mary, 16, 9, and 4. 33% from three

Pat Andree, 6'8, Lehigh, 13, 6, and 2. 42% from three.

Another big time grad transfer's name that popped today: Rayjon Tucker from Little Rock. 6'5 freak athlete that averaged 20 ppg and 7 rpg. 41% from three. Somebody that would allow some flexibility on the wing.

All these guys either play the 3 or the 4, which will be the biggest need, I think. Outside of Naji, we don't have a true wing on the roster (though lots of bigger guards alleviate the problem a little).
    How about Derrick Smits.....7-2 240lb center from Valpo....he was a potential Xavier recruit a few years back and visited the school. Grad transfer with 1 yr of eligibility.

I’d love to have a high quality wing come in too.

I'm just going to say this... You guys know way more about recruiting than I do. I just wait for a Twitter comment or press conference saying some kid commited

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Anyone else think we need a 3 point shooter? Or someone very competent at hitting the three. Or will our incoming freshman be able to help there enough that it wont be a problem?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Anyone else think we need a 3 point shooter? Or someone very competent at hitting the three. Or will our incoming freshman be able to help there enough that it wont be a problem?
    I think a 6’6+ wing that can shoot, rebound, and defend is exactly what we need. Some people have talked me out of needing another big, but I’m still not completely sold that Freemantle is a true 5, and definitely not from the get go. This roster really, really needs a true wing, IMO. Naji is the only one we’ve got.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    How about Derrick Smits.....7-2 240lb center from Valpo....he was a potential Xavier recruit a few years back and visited the school. Grad transfer with 1 yr of eligibility.
    Man, Smits would be a perfect fit. We are going to need help matching up with Yurtseven. Seems out of left field though....is he really wanting to transfer?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-19-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Possibly a hot take and not a cure all, but I think we'll be able to rely on elias a little more next year as a stable 3 and d off the bench

Sophomore
    When speculating on grad transfers it's good to keep in mind that steele sold freemantle and ramsey on the opportunities to play right away, so he might not see getting a big man as important as finding a wing

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    When speculating on grad transfers it's good to keep in mind that steele sold freemantle and ramsey on the opportunities to play right away, so he might not see getting a big man as important as finding a wing
    When speculating on how coach Steele “sells” a recruit on our program, it’s good to explain how you know what was said in the process. One can assume that every recruit will be provided “opportunity” to play right away but that is earned not given. Especially in the case of Ramsey. From the few articles I read on Norcross and Ramsey, it appears he didn’t start for them. Discussing a redshirt with him would seem more likely than any discussion of playing right away. Case in point....D James.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-20-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Dahmir Bishop plays in the state championship game on Thursday night.
    https://www.sharonherald.com/sports/...412cf2e61.html

Last chance for our 5 incoming freshman to arrive as a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Man, Smits would be a perfect fit. We are going to need help matching up with Yurtseven. Seems out of left field though....is he really wanting to transfer?
    Yes...he has announced fed that he is going to transfer for his grad year per his Twitter and per verbalcommits.com/transfers