Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 281
  1. #191
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,012
    There was a very good article in The Athletic recently about Miles from Walton Verona. (Sorry I don’t have the link). I didn’t realize it but the kid is only 17 and still might grow a little. X first became aware of him at a summer tournament in Louisville, where he sank 6 three point shots in the game they watched. In a recent 37 point game he also sank several 3-point shots. His latest game he only had 7 points, but was basically surrounded by 5 players the entire evening as the opposition packed the paint with their whole team. Article says that he is up to 215 lbs and is trying like crazy to gain weight. They feel that he ultimately reach 230 by the time he is playing for X.

  2. #192
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Definitely before July if he’s going to reclassify. From what I hear, there are certain things that need to happen before this progresses further (assuming academics wise), but that X has put themselves in a very good position and wheels are in motion to get the list of things done (whatever else there is). My guess is he takes maybe two more OVs for schools recruiting him as a ‘19 and makes a decision on reclassifying-and if so, what school- by the end of March?
    That would be some phenomenal news in March considering we won't be playing, it would be nice to get another top level guy in, that class could be an absolute home run if Harvey comes along. Only concern would be how loaded our backcourt would be, Harden and Kennedy may both transfer if Harvey comes along, but I'm okay with getting the best talent on our roster.

    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    There was a very good article in The Athletic recently about Miles from Walton Verona. (Sorry I don’t have the link). I didn’t realize it but the kid is only 17 and still might grow a little. X first became aware of him at a summer tournament in Louisville, where he sank 6 three point shots in the game they watched. In a recent 37 point game he also sank several 3-point shots. His latest game he only had 7 points, but was basically surrounded by 5 players the entire evening as the opposition packed the paint with their whole team. Article says that he is up to 215 lbs and is trying like crazy to gain weight. They feel that he ultimately reach 230 by the time he is playing for X.
    Good to hear he has some range and can stretch the court, seems like an athletic specimen as well, 230 would be a good frame to build on, it seems our weight and conditioning program did wonders in the past, so hopefully that can continue on. He's obviously going to be a project so I don't expect much next year, but getting his body to a good weight to compete will be helpful in earning minutes.

  3. #193
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,620
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    There was a very good article in The Athletic recently about Miles from Walton Verona. (Sorry I don’t have the link). I didn’t realize it but the kid is only 17 and still might grow a little. X first became aware of him at a summer tournament in Louisville, where he sank 6 three point shots in the game they watched. In a recent 37 point game he also sank several 3-point shots. His latest game he only had 7 points, but was basically surrounded by 5 players the entire evening as the opposition packed the paint with their whole team. Article says that he is up to 215 lbs and is trying like crazy to gain weight. They feel that he ultimately reach 230 by the time he is playing for X.
    He's a project with big upside. I hope he stops growing and actually starts growing into his body.......

  4. #194
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,012
    In Kentucky, there are 16 regions. Each region has one player chosen from that region to be a finalist in the Mr. Basketball election.

    KyKy Tandy...2nd region
    Dionte Miles...8th region

    Are both Mr. Basketball candidates for their regions

    (11th region actually lists 3 candidates, but every other region only lists one )
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 02-11-2019 at 04:56 PM.

  5. #195
    Freshman DexterBailey84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Side, Cincinnati
    Posts
    102
    speaking of 2019 recruits, does anyone actually still believe these kids are going to keep their commitments after this disaster of a season?
    and would anyone even blame them if they actually did back out?

  6. #196
    Supporting Member 94GRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dana's
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    speaking of 2019 recruits, does anyone actually still believe these kids are going to keep their commitments after this disaster of a season?
    and would anyone even blame them if they actually did back out?
    First of all, there are going to be a lot of minutes open for the Freshmen to play. Second, they all have signed their LOI and would have to sit out a year if they backed out.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

  7. #197
    Freshman DexterBailey84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Side, Cincinnati
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    First of all, there are going to be a lot of minutes open for the Freshmen to play. Second, they all have signed their LOI and would have to sit out a year if they backed out.
    yeah well much like our head coach, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence.

    not trying to be a dick in any way, I simply see no positives from this staff whatsoever.....just gotta wonder how these recruits are feeling right about now.
    Last edited by DexterBailey84; 02-11-2019 at 05:44 PM.

  8. #198
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    yeah well much like our head coach, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence.

    not trying to be a dick in any way, I simply see no positives from this staff whatsoever.....just gotta wonder how these recruits are feeling right about now.
    Probably that they could come in right away and help improve the team that was a #1 seed two seasons ago playing in a major conference

  9. #199
    Freshman DexterBailey84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Side, Cincinnati
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Probably that they could come in right away and help improve the team that was a #1 seed two seasons ago playing in a major conference
    maybe. let's hope.

  10. #200
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    yeah well much like our head coach, that doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence.

    not trying to be a dick in any way, I simply see no positives from this staff whatsoever.....just gotta wonder how these recruits are feeling right about now.
    Probably excited that their high schools teams going into the final month of the season and fighting for championships. Probably aware that X is struggling this year, but confident that they can turn it around. Don’t know about the others, but Miles makes the X sign with his arms when he is introduced prior to every game. I hear KyKy has also done that. As 94 said, the recruits are surely aware of the minutes that will be available and the opportunities they will have to contribute right away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •