Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    This clip shows him playing away from the basket for most of the time. Must have a decent handle and a little range to do that. Maybe not a representative clip. Rest of the team could get to the basket and made some great circus shots.
    He made a nice little interior pass from around the 3 point line.

Watching the BU DU game.....if we get anything close to a Paul Reed out of Miles it’s a home run!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Watching the BU DU game.....if we get anything close to a Paul Reed out of Miles it’s a home run!
    I like Paul Reed a lot. If he has Paul Reed's motor we are good

Yeah, he does get after it on both ends. It’s amazing the leap he made from freshman to sophomore. He looked SO thin and frail last year that he didn’t seem like he belonged in the BE. That’s why the Miles comparison came to mind. We know he’s gonna come in needing some time to develope physically but I see a lot of versatility in his game similar to Reed.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I agree. I haven't been able to figure out how big the opposition was, but his school being in the greater Cincinnati area tells me he has played some good sized kids/young men in open gyms at least. Hard to find a 7 footer like him in an open run, but still that's a good area for athletes.
    Barely in the greater Cincinnati area. They played no Cincinnati teams and it looks like one Ohio team (Xenia).

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Barely in the greater Cincinnati area. They played no Cincinnati teams and it looks like one Ohio team (Xenia).
    Do you not understand what an open gym or open run means?

Walton Verona is not exactly proximate to play open gyms in Cincy vs Cincy area players; at most he may have jumped into some games w/NKY kids.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Won’t say that he has never ventured across the River and played in Cincinnati, but would be willing to bet that it hasn’t happened all that often. Much more likely that they went over to either Northern Kentucky U or one of the high schools in the NKY area. Same is true with the Ohio kids, they tend to stay on the north side of the river. Summer tourneys will draw kids/teams from all over, but not so much the open gym nights. Thought I read that he had played for a Louisville based AAU team last year, so his playing time may have been just about anywhere they traveled to, and anybody they might have played in tournaments.

I slightly misread your post. I still don't think it's as close and has had as many open gyms with Cincy kids as you think. My guess is that most of his competitive match ups in the last year or so was via AAU.

And hell, Cincy isn't exactly producing tons of D1 talent either except for the occasional Moeller kid or Bazely at Princeton last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    I think the last two are a pretty good cross for Freemantle... He's not as athletic as Tyrique, but he probably has just as much skill (not the same type of skills necessarily, but the same level) as Sean. More athletic than Sean and more talented (basketball skill-wise) than Tyrique as a freshman. And I think that's a pretty good combination, and he should get more minutes than both of them did as a freshman, pending a grad transfer big commit.
    Freemantle continues to look strong and show he is a big with a nice ability to shoot from outside.

He played well and had a nice looking 3 pointer two games ago (link just below)

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...co/2865320002/

He was the high scorer with 19 points (and 8 rebounds) in this Sunday’s game which helped his Bergen Catholic team to advance to the Finals of the Bergen Jamboree tournament. Should be a good final against Don Bosco on Friday. I am thinking about going to the game since I do not live to far away.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...ee/2865989002/
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-17-2019 at 11:12 PM.