Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    #ghostofyogi
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Got to be one of the stupidest questions ever asked.....great answer #captainobvious

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    https://t.co/ErjB1DDcQp?ssr=true

Good interview with Freemante

Reporter: How important was it to get the lead.

High school quote of the year from Freemante: “it’s so important, if you never get the lead you can’t win.”

Oh, I think I’m going to like him A LOT!

Sophomore
    One thing that would really ease my current pain is a commitment from a zach harvey type player. can't wait for travis to go to work on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Oh, I think I’m going to like him A LOT!
    Yeah.

He's got that nasty chip on his shoulder. The team should have a JP Macura award handed out every year. That should be the goal of EVERY player.

Im thinking Kevin Frey. Physical big with an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yeah.

He's got that nasty chip on his shoulder. The team should have a JP Macura award handed out every year. That should be the goal of EVERY player.

Ha! About 20 years ago my youngest used to get super worked up in a hoops rec league. Hyper competitive kid playing against 8-9 year olds when he was 6-7. A HS ref had a kid in the same league and used to ask “what did Alex get today? Probably 15-20?” “No, 32”. Whatever it took to win. But he would literally SOB at the FT line late in games if it was close. Imagine a 7 year old kid trying to time his FT while holding his breath between sobs! He put WAY too much pressure on himself! We were NOT terrible parents!

Anyway, the guy who ran the league (with hundreds of kids for every 8 week session) used to kid him about it. Called him Mr Smiley Face! Now, two decades later we have learned that they have a Mr Smiley Face Award for every team and have for the last two decades. Lol
    Last edited by xu82; 03-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Is Dahmir Bishop still playing?
    Yes, the are in the state semi-final, win on Friday night.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Yeah.

Love those kind of guys, they'll bust their ass every single play, every single opportunity, and that's what you need. Someone that can get under the opponent's skin, but also be enamored to the fan base. Every single team needs a JP Macura, I genuinely believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Yes, the are in the state semi-final, win on Friday night.
    Tried to find a box score and couldn't, but did see where they went on a 20-3 run, with Bishop hitting a 3 in the defenders face. I love the praise he's getting from Steele so far, and it'll be interesting to see if we run a 3 guard line-up depending on how ready Bishop and Tandy are, but by all looks of it, those two are phenomenal players.

Sophomore
    Tandy and Bishop both seem to play with pretty big chips

Sophomore
    Bishop article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pen...outputType=amp

He only had 5 points in the win on Friday. They play Monday evening.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan