Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    If you go....we expect a full report! :)

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Walton Verona is not exactly proximate to play open gyms in Cincy vs Cincy area players; at most he may have jumped into some games w/NKY kids.
    Miles' coach at Walton Verona is the brother of John Brannen, HC of NKU, so there if you are looking for a possible place to play open gyms...my guess is would be most inclined to play over there. But it is inane to guess where the kid plays in open gyms, and irrelevant in terms of the kid's development.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Miles' coach at Walton Verona is the brother of John Brannen, HC of NKU, so there if you are looking for a possible place to play open gyms...my guess is would be most inclined to play over there. But it is inane to guess where the kid plays in open gyms, and irrelevant in terms of the kid's development.
    this open gym conversation is silly. The kid is coming here next year and we'll what he has soon enough

Actually his talents can be seen sooner than later. Districts start tomorrow for Miles and Company @ Simon Kenton High....I can’t make it but surely someone here might take in the festivities.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

In case it's not been mentioned, Dieonte Miles made all 8th region team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Actually his talents can be seen sooner than later. Districts start tomorrow for Miles and Company @ Simon Kenton High....I can’t make it but surely someone here might take in the festivities.
    I may just go to that...only about 10-15 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    If you go....we expect a full report! :)
    Nothing like an eyewitness account!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    In case it's not been mentioned, Dieonte Miles made all 8th region team.
    Both Miles and Tandy are candidates for Mr. Kentucky Basketball.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

It's always difficult to ascertain the quality of these players from videos that showcase only their best moments. Yet, watching the below video(plus a few others), and reading whatever I could find on Miles, my 2 cents;

The Good
    -He has soft hands and, relative to his size and age, possesses a very good handle, and runs the floor pretty well (1:36 -first Youtube vid, that's a friggin legit 6'10+/probably 16 yr old kid dribbling behind his back and crossing over while running the floor)
    -He possesses a developing jump shot reaching out to the arc.
    -He gets off the floor FAST.
    -He's developing the ability to take his man off the dribble.
    -Developing a nice jump hook off of both wings (Massive wingspan)
    -I've read that one of his greatest strengths is as a shot blocker/rim protector.
    -Again, for his size and age, he looks like an above average to a very good athlete, that has flashes of, "What the $%&# did he just do?"

Needs Work
    -He's raw. EVERYTHING needs to continue to develop.
    -He needs to develop his skill sets on both sides of the ball.
    -He has a "set shot" type of action on his jumper, although his release point isn't to terribly low. I still don't understand why kids, especially coming in at this level, are not taught/provided with the simple fundamentals of a jump shot i.e. download videos of Klay Thompson and Ray Allen shooting, and imitate.

If this kid was still available, I would guess he would have a pile of high major offers by now. Supposedly he was injured and did not play in the high exposure AAU summer programs. The big boys were starting to sniff around as he went on a visit to Louisville shortly before he commited to X. He has all the tools, yet his ability to continue to develop, and whether or not he wants to bust his ass/put in the work will write this narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdTO-8Pf_q4

This site has a large collection of his game highlights up to the present.
    -Miami Palmetto/Dec 26, 2017 (shows him doing a little bit of everything)
    -Gallatin/Dec 5, 2018 (a close-up of Miles shooting a three)
    https://www.nextuprecruits.com/kentucky2019

Some 2019 Kentucky recruit rankings. #4 and #1 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxalum View Post
    It's always difficult to ascertain the quality of these players from videos that showcase only their best moments. Yet, watching the below video(plus a few others), and reading whatever I could find on Miles, my 2 cents;

The Good
    -He has soft hands and, relative to his size and age, possesses a very good handle, and runs the floor pretty well (1:36 -first Youtube vid, that's a friggin legit 6'10+/probably 16 yr old kid dribbling behind his back and crossing over while running the floor)
    -He possesses a developing jump shot reaching out to the arc.
    -He gets off the floor FAST.
    -He's developing the ability to take his man off the dribble.
    -Developing a nice jump hook off of both wings (Massive wingspan)
    -I've read that one of his greatest strengths is as a shot blocker/rim protector.
    -Again, for his size and age, he looks like an above average to a very good athlete, that has flashes of, "What the $%&# did he just do?"

Needs Work
    -He's raw. EVERYTHING needs to continue to develop.
    -He needs to develop his skill sets on both sides of the ball.
    -He has a "set shot" type of action on his jumper, although his release point isn't to terribly low. I still don't understand why kids, especially coming in at this level, are not taught/provided with the simple fundamentals of a jump shot i.e. download videos of Klay Thompson and Ray Allen shooting, and imitate.

If this kid was still available, I would guess he would have a pile of high major offers by now. Supposedly he was injured and did not play in the high exposure AAU summer programs. The big boys were starting to sniff around as he went on a visit to Louisville shortly before he commited to X. He has all the tools, yet his ability to continue to develop, and whether or not he wants to bust his ass/put in the work will write this narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdTO-8Pf_q4

This site has a large collection of his game highlights up to the present.
    -Miami Palmetto/Dec 26, 2017 (shows him doing a little bit of everything)
    -Gallatin/Dec 5, 2018 (a close-up of Miles shooting a three)

Some 2019 Kentucky recruit rankings. #4 and #1 ain't bad.
    That Kentucky high school basketball page is really nice. Thanks.