Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Miles tied for top scorer of the game, with 22 points, as WV defeated Simon Kenton for the 32nd District Championship 62-49. His 22 points included the only 3-pointer that WV had for the game. On to regionals now, where WV should be the #1 seed.

When introduced at games Miles always makes the X sign with his arms.
    Kentucky regionals usually aren't seeded- they do a blind draw of the districts, and then match up the winner from one district with the runner-up from another. That makes the district final the one game you can lose in the postseason in Kentucky- Simon Kenton is in the regional tournament as well.
    The Courier-Journal and Enquirer have brief previews I pasted below, although neither one mentions Miles. I don't know why Oldham County is rated so high- it lost four straight games just before the postseason. W-V will play a team with a losing record in the semifinals if it wins its first game, so it does seem to have a nice draw.

Simon Kenton did post stats from its district final against Walton-Verona. They are here:
    https://stats.digitalscout.com/baske.../game/10745464

8th Region Previews:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...nts/372258002/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ams/369916002/

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    Kentucky regionals usually aren't seeded- they do a blind draw of the districts, and then match up the winner from one district with the runner-up from another. That makes the district final the one game you can lose in the postseason in Kentucky- Simon Kenton is in the regional tournament as well.
    The Courier-Journal and Enquirer have brief previews I pasted below, although neither one mentions Miles. I don't know why Oldham County is rated so high- it lost four straight games just before the postseason. W-V will play a team with a losing record in the semifinals if it wins its first game, so it does seem to have a nice draw.

Simon Kenton did post stats from its district final against Walton-Verona. They are here:
    https://stats.digitalscout.com/baske.../game/10745464

8th Region Previews:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...nts/372258002/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ams/369916002/
    Those previews are from last year. There are still some district championship games tonight...regionals will be set in a few days

Supporting Member
    Zach Freemantle update for those back in the Midwest

First, I met Zach at Pru Center on Wednesday night. He also braved the elements to come and support Xavier in a big win over Seton Hall. He brought the entire Bergen Catholic (BC) team.

BC played a very competitive regular season schedule. They played 20 games against NJ teams. 11 games were against Top 20 teams in the state and they went 9-2. Only losses were 1 point to #1 Ranney School (2 D1 players to FL and Nova) and 2 points to #8 Don Bosco Prep. They also lost a game by 6 to NYC powerhouse Cardinal Hayes and won 3 games in FL at Christmas.

This weekend is the end of the regular season for HS hoops. All counties have their tournament finals this weekend. Tonight BC (#4 in NJ and 2 seed in county tournament) faces off in a rubber match with DBP (#1 seed in county and # 8 ranked in state). This should be a great game.

The NJ state tournament starts next week. BC is the #1 ranked team in the North Jersey Non Public Group A (largest schools) division. Should be 2 good weeks of HS hoops in Jersey. I hope the coaching staff also has their eye on Zach's running mate Matt Zona. This big kid has great game.

Zach has had a great senior year against top notch competition and is well prepped to come to Cintas. I expect he will contribute right out of the gate.

Sophomore
    The Ranney kids (scottie lewis and bryan antoine) are freaks. almost knocking them off is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastXman View Post
    Zach Freemantle update for those back in the Midwest

First, I met Zach at Pru Center on Wednesday night. He also braved the elements to come and support Xavier in a big win over Seton Hall. He brought the entire Bergen Catholic (BC) team.

BC played a very competitive regular season schedule. They played 20 games against NJ teams. 11 games were against Top 20 teams in the state and they went 9-2. Only losses were 1 point to #1 Ranney School (2 D1 players to FL and Nova) and 2 points to #8 Don Bosco Prep. They also lost a game by 6 to NYC powerhouse Cardinal Hayes and won 3 games in FL at Christmas.

This weekend is the end of the regular season for HS hoops. All counties have their tournament finals this weekend. Tonight BC (#4 in NJ and 2 seed in county tournament) faces off in a rubber match with DBP (#1 seed in county and # 8 ranked in state). This should be a great game.

The NJ state tournament starts next week. BC is the #1 ranked team in the North Jersey Non Public Group A (largest schools) division. Should be 2 good weeks of HS hoops in Jersey. I hope the coaching staff also has their eye on Zach's running mate Matt Zona. This big kid has great game.

Zach has had a great senior year against top notch competition and is well prepped to come to Cintas. I expect he will contribute right out of the gate.

THANKS for the first hand update. Please keep it coming! ZFree and BC will win the rubber game vs Don Bosco.....re-match with Ranney is inevitable. As far as Matt Zona, offer the guy NOW. He is a 3 star type that is under the radar for now but will be a rising prospect as a senior.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    The Ranney kids (scottie lewis and bryan antoine) are freaks. almost knocking them off is impressive
    Yeah, Antoine is the better of the two......he is a can't miss VOLUME SCORER. Very much a Kris Jenkins type but ready as a freshman. Booth and Paschall are gone so X will get a good dose of him in the future.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I found this pretty interesting when looking at the dates for our next few games:
    ESPN has Dieonte Miles as a 4 star, Zach Freemantle as a 4*, and Daniel Ramsey as a 3*, while 247 has Dieonte Miles as a 3* (in their own and composite), Zach Freemantle as a 3* in composite; 4* in their own, and Daniel Ramsey as 3* composite, but 4* in their own. Such a difference between the two services, I know I follow 247 for football as ESPN's football rankings are crap, not sure how good their basketball ones are, but it's interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I found this pretty interesting when looking at the dates for our next few games:
    ESPN has Dieonte Miles as a 4 star, Zach Freemantle as a 4*, and Daniel Ramsey as a 3*, while 247 has Dieonte Miles as a 3* (in their own and composite), Zach Freemantle as a 3* in composite; 4* in their own, and Daniel Ramsey as 3* composite, but 4* in their own. Such a difference between the two services, I know I follow 247 for football as ESPN's football rankings are crap, not sure how good their basketball ones are, but it's interesting to see.
    My son’s puppy is coming off 3 days of explosive diarrhea. I fear they move have let her watch ESPN instead of the Animal Channel while they are away. Having said that, I hope they’re right in this case.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Yeah, Antoine is the better of the two......he is a can't miss VOLUME SCORER. Very much a Kris Jenkins type but ready as a freshman. Booth and Paschall are gone so X will get a good dose of him in the future.
    yeah i think lewis is a little overrated, but antoine is a stud. reminds me of mikal bridges with more athleticism, so yea he's gonna be a problem

Yea Nova’s recruiting class is very impressive. Probably one of their best classes on paper. Only thing with Antoine is his weight...he’s like dust in the wind at this point.