Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    X gets plenty of 4 star recruits.

Question- were any of the Nova guys who went pro last year a 5 star recruit? (I don't know the answer.)
    Jalen Brunson and Omari Spellman.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    X gets plenty of 4 star recruits.

Question- were any of the Nova guys who went pro last year a 5 star recruit? (I don't know the answer.)

Gonzaga two years ago- were any of those guys 5 star recruits? (Again, I don't know, but I don't think so, and if someone else could do my research for me...)

I think the only 4 star recruit on the two Butler teams was Howard.
    I don't think so. Zach Collins was just outside the fringe of being a five star iirc. The Butler teams are the best example of doing more with less.

Yes, Spellman and Brunson were both five stars, but for some reason Nova had a reputation for being less talented than the other elite teams.

Per my internet research, Collins was a 4 or 5 star depending on the site. He was also McD All-American, the first such recruit in Gonzaga history. Gonzaga also had, as of 2016, 3 five stars transfer to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Banners on the Parkway seems to be convinced that he is a bit “gun shy” driving the lane for fear of contact to his shoulder....I agree. Assuming the opposition knows about the shoulder, they most certainly would take some shots at it. That would explain why everyone in the X camp continues to gloss over the status of the injury. Fact is, last year he was going hard to the rim at every opportunity, often with jaw dropping results. He’s obviously not doing that now, instead attempting to score with no contact. This theory should be considered legit until proven otherwise.
    You know, now that I think of it, it makes sense. I do remember several times (while he was driving), it looked as if he was trying to keep that left side away from any contact as he released the ball.

If true, we can forget about him being an effective scorer AND his assist numbers will suffer. Driving hard to the rack is what he does....he’s not/nor has been a 3 point guy. If true, and other teams can see it on film, they will look to “bump” it at every chance. A few people here, that have had a shoulder separation, say it takes forever to heal 100%.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-05-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

It is always very interesting to re-read threads like this as the season progresses....it says a lot about the views of our fellow posters. After last nights EKU game, the Q’s shoulder theory can be put to bed. Looks like he’s getting close to 100%, the week off seems to have helped. He had a FANTASTIC game last night flirting with the rare “steals” triple/double. Anyone notice that he is only 3 assists behind for tops in the BE? He will easily pass that DePaul guy and be conference leader come March. Any Q bashing here should officially end.

Supporting Member
    It is always very interesting to re-read threads like this as the season progresses....it says a lot about the views of our fellow posters. After last nights EKU game, the Q’s shoulder theory can be put to bed. Looks like he’s getting close to 100%, the week off seems to have helped. He had a FANTASTIC game last night flirting with the rare “steals” triple/double. Anyone notice that he is only 3 assists behind for tops in the BE? He will easily pass that DePaul guy and be conference leader come March. Any Q bashing here should officially end.
    He had a great game against EKU. I'm not a Q basher, but its EKU, doesnt really prove snything... hes supposed to do that against that level of competition.

Playing 34 minutes against 40 minutes of swarming full court pressure with only 3 turnovers proves a lot. Overall EKU is not good BUT they do have the athletic ability to put on a very effective press.

It's a good sign, but you can't prove anything against EKU. EKU is hot garbage.

I might be the only one here, but I will continue to say Harden is not good. Apparently all he can contribute is rainbow 3's. He has a grand total of THREE rebounds and 1 assist in 83 minutes. Has only two made 2 pointers in 23 FGA. Kennedy is clearly outplaying him and should see more floor time over Elias going forward.
    I can’t resist continuing to predict a Harden transfer AND he should if he wants to have any kind of a college career to look back on. I would never criticize him for anything other than he’s a STATISTICAL disaster for a 4 STAR recruit. 10 games into his 2nd year and he has virtually nothing to show for it. Take away the 2 games where he did post some numbers, and he has over 45 games of nothing....and what IS there is horrible. No sign he can get enough PT for this to change, so why wouldn’t he look to play in the Sunbelt or something.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.