Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    spacing on offense needs to improve. Too many times 3 players are right next to each other allowing one player to guard 3 players at once. Spacing is so bad they can't even dribble without losing the ball or almost losing the ball. Not a bad half but we DO have a rookie head coach that needs to set these guys up for success. Cheers to a better second half and a 10 point win.

If you notice, as SDSU ball pressure increased we stopped moving the ball via the pass as much.

If they just start to move the ball more they'll get better looks. (And Goodin don't shoot a three unless there is no other option on the clock.)

Seems like our guys don't get in the ready stance for defence enough. Wonder why that isn't taught more?

Prior to listening to Bill Walton announce today’s game, I had no idea the Aloha state legalized recreational marijuana.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Why do we constantly leave the corner three wide open for the other team???

We aren't great.

We absolutely suck at defending behind the arc. I am we are terrible at it. Bielein admitted to himself a few years ago who couldn't coach defense. He fired his assistants and hired some who could.

The staff is new, I am not advocating firing people for sure here. I am curious who is on staff that is pushing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Why do we constantly leave the corner three wide open for the other team???
    was just thinking this. most of them today have been on naji's guy. he keeps reaching in on the big for some reason and doesn't get back out to his shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    If you notice, as SDSU ball pressure increased we stopped moving the ball via the pass as much.

If they just start to move the ball more they'll get better looks. (And Goodin don't shoot a three unless there is no other option on the clock.)

Seems like our guys don't get in the ready stance for defence enough. Wonder why that isn't taught more?
    Totally agree with ball movement. I was tired of watching the one on one stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    was just thinking this. most of them today have been on naji's guy. he keeps reaching in on the big for some reason and doesn't get back out to his shooter.
    and another one.

Going to be a long year...