Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Sophomore
    This league is incredible to follow. I don't get into the ACC or SEC or Big 10 or Big 12..I appreciate the skill level but they are too big and diverse for me to care about..there are no real stories there. Hard to say a 50,000 enrollment school like Maryland or Iowa State is an underdog. When I see Max Struss have 43 on senior night..or Creighton get revenge for the Marquette giveaway in January on senior night...it make it interesting for a 63 year old long time player/coach/fan like me. I need a story. I hope the best story is Xavier overcoming it's slow start to make the NCAA and be in sweet 16
    Last edited by whopper; 03-03-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    This league is incredible to follow. I don't get into the ACC or SEC or Big 10 or Big 12..I appreciate the skill level but they are too big and diverse for me to care about..there are no real stories there. Hard to say a 50,000 enrollment school like Maryland or Iowa State is an underdog. When I see Max Struss have 43 on senior night..or Creighton get revenge for the Marquette giveaway in January on senior night...it make it interesting for a 63 year old long time player/coach/fan like me. I need a story. I hope the best story is Xavier overcoming it's slow start to make the NCAA and be in sweet 16
    Though I get the point you're making, I wouldn't say that being an underdog and enrollment should go hand in hand, I don't think they correlate much, the Big East basically is basketball based, it's their teams bread and butter, so that makes it more special. While every other conference also has football, I do like some of the story lines around, I think Jack White finally hitting a 3 after being 0-29 and watching Cameron Indoor explode for him was cool, I enjoy Texas Tech's rise as a good basketball school under Chris Beard, etc. However it is more fun following the Big East for me because it's schools with a similar footprint as Xavier, and it's a very fun, competitive league.

DePaul has a chance to win the CBI at home tomorrow night against South Florida. Max Strus went for 32 in the win yesterday in game 2 of the best of three finals.

Last-place DePaul has a shot to be the most successful Big East team in the postseason this year.

Freshman
    I can't believe you're implying that winning the CBI is more successful than winning a game in either the NCAA or NIT.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I can't believe you can't read sarcasm fonts.

FWIW, Paul Reed also had 28 points and 16 rebounds for DePaul last night. He's still got 2 years remaining for them.

Supporting Member
    DePaul also has cartare gordon becoming eligible spring semester next year. Transferred in from slu and was a top 75 recruit...lots of rumors that the guy has an attitude problem, but if DePaul can get him under control, he could be a great player for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    I can't believe you're implying that winning the CBI is more successful than winning a game in either the NCAA or NIT.
    I'm a bit conflicted here. Villanova got flat out shamed by Purdue in the NCAA Tournament, so I can't really attribute anything positive to their NCAA experience despite the win. And the NIT is almost as fucking stupid as the CBI, and at least DePaul might win their stupid tournament. It's a tough call.

I thought it was nice to see Depaul fans happy about something. Hope they can get the win.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    DePaul also has cartare gordon becoming eligible spring semester next year. Transferred in from slu and was a top 75 recruit...lots of rumors that the guy has an attitude problem, but if DePaul can get him under control, he could be a great player for them.
    His junior year he was a top 15 recruit. Not sure what dropped him so much, maybe just committing to SLU, ha.

Friends I have who follow SLU more closely than I said it was not a surprise he transferred. Definitely off court issues. Had some issues in high school as well. Was sad to see a talent like him leave SLU though.

Do most players who have to wait until spring semester to play actually play that year? Or do they wait until the following year? By playing you waste 2 months but he would be a big boost to them in the spring semester. Especially since he can practice. Also just knowing what I know about him, I doubt he stays in college for all 4 years anyway so he probably doesnt care to lose a semester.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17