Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Supporting Member
    This league is incredible to follow. I don't get into the ACC or SEC or Big 10 or Big 12..I appreciate the skill level but they are too big and diverse for me to care about..there are no real stories there. Hard to say a 50,000 enrollment school like Maryland or Iowa State is an underdog. When I see Max Struss have 43 on senior night..or Creighton get revenge for the Marquette giveaway in January on senior night...it make it interesting for a 63 year old long time player/coach/fan like me. I need a story. I hope the best story is Xavier overcoming it's slow start to make the NCAA and be in sweet 16
    Last edited by whopper; 03-03-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    This league is incredible to follow. I don't get into the ACC or SEC or Big 10 or Big 12..I appreciate the skill level but they are too big and diverse for me to care about..there are no real stories there. Hard to say a 50,000 enrollment school like Maryland or Iowa State is an underdog. When I see Max Struss have 43 on senior night..or Creighton get revenge for the Marquette giveaway in January on senior night...it make it interesting for a 63 year old long time player/coach/fan like me. I need a story. I hope the best story is Xavier overcoming it's slow start to make the NCAA and be in sweet 16
    Though I get the point you're making, I wouldn't say that being an underdog and enrollment should go hand in hand, I don't think they correlate much, the Big East basically is basketball based, it's their teams bread and butter, so that makes it more special. While every other conference also has football, I do like some of the story lines around, I think Jack White finally hitting a 3 after being 0-29 and watching Cameron Indoor explode for him was cool, I enjoy Texas Tech's rise as a good basketball school under Chris Beard, etc. However it is more fun following the Big East for me because it's schools with a similar footprint as Xavier, and it's a very fun, competitive league.