Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Has a team identity finally been established? What we saw tonight should have all of us wanting more. They looked incredible together when paired with that active zone. The entire team was feeding off Hankin’s energy...he looked unstoppable at times offensively and was a very effective rim protector. We desperately need leadership...especially EFFORT leadership by example.
    I hope to see more of what we saw in the last 25 minutes.

Yeah, switching to the zone made all the difference. Ty and Zach were able to be effective defensively, which allowed for them to stay on the floor together and KILL it offensively.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Jones also provided much needed leadership. He gets the game ball in this one. We get no "W" without his tenacious energy and hustle. His laser focus from the line was a game changer and real momentum killer for the Hoyas.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Jones also provided much needed leadership. He gets the game ball in this one. We get no "W" without his tenacious energy and hustle. His laser focus from the line was a game changer and real momentum killer for the Hoyas.
    Amen. Just amazing. So damn proud of Tyrique!

My game ball goes to Jones... and Naji and Hankins and Scruggs and every X player who stepped on the court last night... and coach Steele.

They all stepped up to do something crucial that helped the team come back and win.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    My game ball goes to Jones... and Naji and Hankins and Scruggs and every X player who stepped on the court last night... and coach Steele.

They all stepped up to do something crucial that helped the team come back and win.
    My game ball goes to Snipe.

Freshman
    I have advocated trying both Bigs all season. Finally we get that in Game 17. Until Game 17 I don't remember both on the court at the same time all season. I congrat Coach Steele for trying it, but wonder what our record might be if we had tried it in 1st couple of games. We are still pathetic at 3's, but there are games we probably can't win without jacking quite a few. Last night I literally saw us score 3 straight 2's at start of game only to be losing by 3 cause GTown scored 3 straight 3's. Somebody wrote that Creighton & Marquette went 33 for 61 combined from 3 pt land. We would have to shoot 50 of 61 from 2 pt land to beat that. Regardless if we start 2 Bigs in the future, I hope we continue to slash to the rim & get fouled. That's the other way to get 3 pt plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's "Coach Snipe."
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That's "Coach Snipe."
    That's President Snipe.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    I have advocated trying both Bigs all season. Finally we get that in Game 17. Until Game 17 I don't remember both on the court at the same time all season. I congrat Coach Steele for trying it, but wonder what our record might be if we had tried it in 1st couple of games. We are still pathetic at 3's, but there are games we probably can't win without jacking quite a few. Last night I literally saw us score 3 straight 2's at start of game only to be losing by 3 cause GTown scored 3 straight 3's. Somebody wrote that Creighton & Marquette went 33 for 61 combined from 3 pt land. We would have to shoot 50 of 61 from 2 pt land to beat that. Regardless if we start 2 Bigs in the future, I hope we continue to slash to the rim & get fouled. That's the other way to get 3 pt plays.
    I’m not sure having two bigs on the floor at the same time is the answer for our poor perimeter D.

This was strictly matchup orientated. Running Hankins and Jones our there against the better perimeter teams is not going to result in good things IMO.