Sophomore

Villanova loses by 27 to Michigan

73-46. Big 10 looks tough this year. Seton Hall killed by Nebraska. And of course X losing to Wisconsin. It is early. I think that a problem that we have is that Q and Tyrique had early great success, then a disappointment last year at end, a bunch of good press clippings this summer and maybe their expectations are too high. They almost have to forget last year, forget elite 8 and play like an underdog again. The poor body language mentioned I think is a result of that. Some of these freshman like Romeo Langford, Mcclung and of course the Duke guys are incredible..it seems like a video game. We have no video game players and never have it seems
    Last edited by whopper; 11-14-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Supporting Member
    I think the big 10 is good this year, and the big east is pretty mediocre. This may change as the year goes on, but right now that's what I see.

Sophomore
    Marquette beat by almost 30 points. Big East is going to be wide open in a bad way

Sophomore
    I suddenly feel renewed optimism in our quest to repeat as big east champs!

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I suddenly feel renewed optimism in our quest to repeat as big east champs!
    Might be a four way tie at 11-7... I like our chances in the BET.

Yeah, that was fun.

Gonna take a LONG time for this group to gel. So young and lost so much. My expectations were, and still are, Nova makes the tourney and maybe gets a win. This year is going to be down, no getting around it. I will say, (trying to avoid the "Wait till year" chants), the experience they get this year and adding the new pieces from the #2 class next year will put them in a decent spot going forward.

Yes, the league is WIDE open....

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    Yeah, that was fun.

Gonna take a LONG time for this group to gel. So young and lost so much. My expectations were, and still are, Nova makes the tourney and maybe gets a win. This year is going to be down, no getting around it. I will say, (trying to avoid the "Wait till year" chants), the experience they get this year and adding the new pieces from the #2 class next year will put them in a decent spot going forward.

Yes, the league is WIDE open....
    Going to be a more interesting tourney season than at first thought. Unfortunately for you,mainly because of Nova's downturn. But when you are at the level that you were hard to maintain.

Xavier has a pretty impressive class coming in. Will be young, o hard to think how next year will be, but the downturn will be brief. Maybe it is good that some other teams will rise. We really need for the league as a whole to rise up.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Going to be a more interesting tourney season than at first thought. Unfortunately for you,mainly because of Nova's downturn. But when you are at the level that you were hard to maintain.

Xavier has a pretty impressive class coming in. Will be young, o hard to think how next year will be, but the downturn will be brief. Maybe it is good that some other teams will rise. We really need for the league as a whole to rise up.
    Villanova, just today, won its sixth in-season tournament in a row defeating Okalahoma State in the semis and undefeated Florida State (an earlier 2018 Xavier slayer) for the title. They did this without Brunson and the gang by having patience bringing along talented freshmen and other former bench jockeys to take their rightful places as key members of another fine team coached by a man dedicated to excellence from the young men who have committed to the wonderfully successful Villanova program.

I believe that we have the makings of a team just learning to find themselves. As time goes on they will almost certainly learn the new scheme devised by our fine coaching staff and learn to have a better understanding of what to expect from their teammates with whom they will have to function as a fine oiled machine. That will happen --- but it won't take place over night.

GO MUSKIES!!!!!