Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    Burn them!! Just let me vent.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KFX View Post
    You’re correct. And Steele had no answer to the obvious question. How do you handle happ and trice. Steele has no idea.
    Dude did Steele sleep with your wife and punch your dog? Give it a rest...the guy just coached his third game, his first against a team with a pulse.

Ethan Happ in 3 career games vs Xavier:

29/46 (63%) from the floor for 69 points, 24 rebounds, 14 assists. That’s an average of 23/8/5.

Tip of the cap, Happ
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Steele can recruit at the highest level. That’s a fact. Now the test is can he coach and bring these guys up to speed? We had the talent, but just didn’t look as....refined? Hopefully that’s just youth and things get rolling as the season goes on.

Didn't Happ play in the NCAA game also?

Sophomore
    I know that Jones must be feeling horrible now and I honestly would like to see him as an offensive rebounder than a first low post option, same with Hankins. Obviously must hit way more foul shots and play help defense better. Castin and Welage are OK but somewhat limited but I guess we should expect that. Q and Scruggs can bully guards but we need more opportunity baskets(but hard to run when taking it inbounds). I see some signs of hope but it may not be a coincidence that Davidson and Truce hit 9 out 11 from three..just like Evansville and shows poor close out..we did not respect Davidson's shot at all.

Freshman
    Hey dude. It’s a message board. It’s my opinion. Based on what I just watched. Empirical evidence. I would appreciate it if you kept the personal insults to yourself.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Steele can recruit at the highest level. That’s a fact. Now the test is can he coach and bring these guys up to speed? We had the talent, but just didn’t look as....refined? Hopefully that’s just youth and things get rolling as the season goes on.
    Yep this is correct. We're built on building for March. I think Steele gets that obviously. The comment from the douches (commentators) about moving 1 seat over is spot on. Remember when we wanted to fire Miller? I think this is as close to a "good" ... no "acceptable" .. no "teachable" loss as you can get.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KFX View Post
    Hey dude. It’s a message board. It’s my opinion. Based on what I just watched. Empirical evidence. I would appreciate it if you kept the personal insults to yourself.
    I think it's going to be a lot of Steele has no idea this year. The guy is 37 and it's his first year at the helm. I think a lot of people on here forget Mack's early career troubles. I remember a lot of "Fire Mack" comments including from me. I still remember Wofford.

The sad part, I really think Scruggs and Marshall are top 30 talent that just need better guidance or at least someone reigning them in.

Issue I think who is going to be the leader in this group who is going to get into teammates faces and demand intensity?