Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Junior
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Absolutely yes to this. J.P. would never have blown that opportunity. Never.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Freshman
    Byron just asked why no double on happ. No communication on d was the answer. Okay coach. You got this.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Absolutely yes to this. J.P. would never have blown that opportunity. Never.
    Wisconsin does that chomp at home games to the opposing team's most hated player. In our case it was JP, last year they spent the game call him asshole (so loud I heard clearly through my TV) so JP gave them the chomp back.

It really makes no sense here, JP is gone and this wasn't in Madison.

Junior
    Listening to B & J wrap up. What we need is a B & T attitude adjustment. Byron and Tu. You get that and we got something!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I think it's going to be a lot of Steele has no idea this year. The guy is 37 and it's his first year at the helm. I think a lot of people on here forget Mack's early career troubles. I remember a lot of "Fire Mack" comments including from me. I still remember Wofford.

The sad part, I really think Scruggs and Marshall are top 30 talent that just need better guidance or at least someone reigning them in.
    I was too drunk to remember Wofford, great call really. I agree though, Steele is going to take some time to become a good coach, he's going to have to learn on the job, and we're going to have to be patient with him. It was his 3rd game, and it's going to take some time to be better. We could have won this game, but ultimately we just aren't there as a unit, it's to be expected.

Our three point shooting was woeful, 20% is really bad, Welage 1-7, Q 1-8, I think Q's was attributed to his shoulder, which I hope is fine, but definitely saw him pointing to it in the first half. It was nice to see only 10 turnovers, I really thought it was going to be worse than that, I think for the fact these guys have been together for like 5-6 months, that's a decent job taking care of the ball. Naji had moments where he looked sharp, and others not so great. We didn't drive enough in the first half, and settled for a lot of 3's and that's just not the team we are.

Defense has a long ways to go, we can't really cover anybody, Happ ate us alive, and that was one of the keys to success. Tip my hat to him, he's a good player, Tyrique unfortunately had a very rough game in terms of fouls, and we need to see him do better. I loved Hankins contributions though, 4 big time blocks, he really could be a damn good rim protector, and quietly had a double double, he stepped up when Rique was down a bit this game, even though the comeback was thwarted. There's a lot to work on, but the season is young, I still have faith Steele can get this team to 20 wins, class half full type of feeling. It sucks, but I kind of expected us to lose tonight. We have 6 days to start getting prepared for Auburn, that's going to be a helluva challenge again, I'd just like to see growth.

A season is a lifetime, and the early childhood experience appears it will be painful.

I guess LEDGE SPACE is selling at top dollar in Xavier Nation.....I'm NOT buying.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Uh... after watching this team through 3 games, X is not good. The defense is absolutely pathetic. Naji and Q have been horrendous on the defensive end. They had three guys who could score. We knew Happ would get his, but #s 0 and 34 just torched us. Wisconsin isn't a great team. Happ is a stud, but the rest of that team is average at best.

X can't shoot 3's.
    X can't shoot foul shots
    X can't play defense

Recipe for a bad year.

They never quit. I'll give them that.
    X A V I E R

I dont think anyone is on the ledge. Just think people are being realist. Really young first time coach coupled with a young team that lost a ton of scoring and leadership. Replaced a lot of that talent not from within but with grad transfers. Its gonna be a rough year, we may even be 2-4 after Maui. I came into this season expecting NIT at best and under 500 in conference this year. Really what I'm looking for is to see Naji and Scruggs really mature and next year make another huge run with Q