Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier v. Wisconsin (Gavitt Games) Non Conference Game #3

v.

Xavier (2-0, 0-0) v. Wisconsin (1-0, 0-0)

Time: 6:30 P.M.

Cintas Center, Cincinnati, OH

TV: FS1

Live Stream (Stats Only)

Radio: 55KRC Listen Live

Live Chat

GoXavier.com Preview

Enquirer Preview (Not Posted)

*check back for more links and articles

No Common Opponents this Season.

The Setting

Xavier concludes their participation in the Gavitt Games by hosting Wisconsin on Tuesday night at the Cintas Center. Xavier last faced Wisconsin on November 16, 2017, at the Kohl Center. Xavier defeated Wisconsin 80-70. Xavier enters the contest after holding off the University of Evansville on Saturday. Xavier was paced by Tyrique Jones who had 19 points and 20 rebounds in the win.

Wisconsin enters the game off an 85-63 victory over Coppin State. Ethan Happ recorded a triple-double scoring 10points, 11 rebounds, and 12 assists.

What to Watch

Xavier: The caliber of competition increases on Tuesday, will Xavier? What kind of minutes can the team expect out of its' starters in their 3rd game in seven days? How will the Musketeers guard Ethan Happ and the generally slower pace of play that Wisconsin invites? How will Xavier guard both Ethan Happ and Trice D'Mitrik (Huber Heights, Ohio)?

Wisconsin: Will Wisconsin be able to dictate the pace of play and stop Xavier's preference to get out and run. Can Wisconsin hit 3 point shots with the frequency that Evansville did on Saturday?

Last Game:

Xavier defeated Evansville on Homecoming, 91-85 (Link).

Wisconsin defeated Coppin State, 85-63 (Link).

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Most everyone here has blasted our poor defense in the 1st two, and with good reason but I want to start this game thread accentuating the positive....our OFFENSE!! It's going to take a helluva defense to beat us because we have 6 guys that can score 20 on any given day. Would love to see the Badgers coaches trying to game plan for Tyrique Jones....HeHeHe
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Rubbermatch, got a chance to win the series, I'm hoping we look sharp out there, also anybody else think a 6:30 tip time is super weird?

If you toss in the heart breaker isn’t it 2-1 is right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Rubbermatch, got a chance to win the series, I'm hoping we look sharp out there, also anybody else think a 6:30 tip time is super weird?
    That's the start time for the "early" Big East game on FS1. We were often the marquee matchup so we rarely had this spot the first couple of years.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    We have one weekday 6pm game and seven weekday 6:30 games this year. It's atrocious. I'm living in the central time zone which makes going getting home in time for those games even more of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    We have one weekday 6pm game and seven weekday 6:30 games this year. It's atrocious. I'm living in the central time zone which makes going getting home in time for those games even more of a pain.
    Once you've come to terms with watching these games on DVR, it changes your life. You get an hour back for every game. I just have to avoid my phone from the period starting at tipoff through when I am finished watching the game, which also has some benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Once you've come to terms with watching these games on DVR, it changes your life. You get an hour back for every game. I just have to avoid my phone from the period starting at tipoff through when I am finished watching the game, which also has some benefits.
    I'd love to do this. No reason I can't really. But I just don't love sports on DVR.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Do this all the time when I have to. Will have to do this for Auburn. I have to text all Xavier fan friends not to text me anything related to the game and then just stay off social media/sports sites. I am usually successful except one time several years ago when a co worker at the time blew the XU/UD game score for me right as I was getting ready to leave. "Tough loss for X huh?" FML.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Do this all the time when I have to. Will have to do this for Auburn. I have to text all Xavier fan friends not to text me anything related to the game and then just stay off social media/sports sites. I am usually successful except one time several years ago when a co worker at the time blew the XU/UD game score for me right as I was getting ready to leave. "Tough loss for X huh?" FML.
    What's your # again?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens