Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Possibly. I don’t remember him debuting with more than 24 points or 5 blocks. I would have been at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

It was a 96-52 rout over Maryland Eastern Shore. Best I can tell is that West had 10 rebounds but only 9 pts......he did however match Zach with 5 blocks! Don't know if 5 is the record though. So, until proven other wise, Welage's 24 point debut is the most by any X player since Bob Staak.....impressive.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Let the love flow!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

An ode to the seniors, in Haiku form -

Hankins:
    The hair! Raise the roof!
    A block party every night!
    HankyMcSpanky

Castlin:
    Calm, cool, and composed.
    A great leader for the team.
    The perfect glue guy.

Welage:
    Not just a shooter
    Came in and out with a bang!
    Love the WellyBombs!

Xavier Basketball -
    All for one and one for all!
    Thank you to seniors!

Best game in X uniforms for Welage and Castlin. Hankins was also great today. Seniors stepped up when we needed it and happy they had a chance to go out on a high note. If we were to somehow come up short next week, I'm happy at least that these guys had a chance to experience some really big time moments with the team and some magic at Cintas.
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Best game in X uniforms for Welage and Castlin. Hankins was also great today. Seniors stepped up when we needed it and happy they had a chance to go out on a high note. If we were to somehow come up short next week, I'm happy at least that these guys had a chance to experience some really big time moments with the team and some magic at Cintas.
    Agree and I have always appreciated their play and especially Welage I thought was overlooked. Remember he had 24 against IUPUI, 17 Auburn and 17 against Depaul I a come from behind victory which looks HUGE now. Now on to the Big East

Spoke with Ryan’s father after the game and he was such a nice guy. Told him congratulations on Ryan’s play and he said he was proud for both Kyle and Zach. Class answer. Also we discussed the possibility of making NCAA and he was a realists by saying we probably need to win the last three.

Side note: he must be on Ryan’s sleep schedule because he didn’t look a day older than 35.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Spoke with Ryan’s father after the game and he was such a nice guy. Told him congratulations on Ryan’s play and he said he was proud for both Kyle and Zach. Class answer. Also we discussed the possibility of making NCAA and he was a realists by saying we probably need to win the last three.

Side note: he must be on Ryan’s sleep schedule because he didn’t look a day older than 35.
    Nice post.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Agree and I have always appreciated their play and especially Welage I thought was overlooked. Remember he had 24 against IUPUI, 17 Auburn and 17 against Depaul I a come from behind victory which looks HUGE now. Now on to the Big East
    Welage has really taken a big step forward. Great to see him finding his strike again. He now plays better defense and really goes after rebounds. Not a big liability on defense that he once was thought to be. Exciting to witness.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    You can always tell who the seniors are on the court at the end of a season. They’re the ones who all of the sudden are flying around, doing all of those extra little things (beyond what they ever had done) that end up helping the team win.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-09-2019 at 10:22 PM.