Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Other MB Games

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Louisville fan tweeted at louisville media guy following the loss: "Chris Mack = Poor man's Shaka Smart. At this point, hasnt proven he can coach players above 2 or 3 star."

Can't make this stuff up.
    One reason out of a million, that outside of Linkedin (which is starting to get annoying as well), I hate social media.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Louisville fan tweeted at louisville media guy following the loss: "Chris Mack = Poor man's Shaka Smart. At this point, hasnt proven he can coach players above 2 or 3 star."

Yeah what an asinine take. A poor man's Shaka? I'm no longer a Mack fan but that is just hilariously stupid. Louisville is obviously faltering here down the stretch but if you would have told their fans Mack would make the tourney in the first year I think the majority would have been satisfied with that.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah what an asinine take. A poor man's Shaka? I'm no longer a Mack fan but that is just hilariously stupid. Louisville is obviously faltering here down the stretch but if you would have told their fans Mack would make the tourney in the first year I think the majority would have been satisfied with that.
    Yeah....I think the Louisville fan base has realized a bit that Mack isn't Coach K, but listening to sports radio this morning, they are blaming the kids more than him at this point. Now, if this happens next year, I think that script will be flipped quite a bit. Patience is quite thin here due to fatigue of all the scandals, and the horrible football season.

Sophomore
    I love the “this isn’t Xavier anymore”tweets. Saw one that said that and then added “you actually have to have a hard practice”. Comedy

Every fan base has it's bad apples, so I'm going to chalk it up to pure ignorance, but it is kinda funny that they know so little of Xavier.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    They were ignorant back in 2004 as well. That year, they started 16-1, got as high as #2 in the polls and melted down to a 10 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    They were ignorant back in 2004 as well. That year, they started 16-1, got as high as #2 in the polls and melted down to a 10 seed.
    That game was a microcosm of their entire season, too, because they were murdering us for quite some time in that game....and then they just fell apart. Their fans were pretty salty leaving the arena that night, but I'm assuming they felt much better about things the next year when they got back to the Final Four for the first time in 19 years (and I'm pretty sure in the NCAA's eyes they haven't been back since!).

Chris Mack had 17 four star players while head coach at Xavier. Some people are just clueless.

Here's something I didn't notice was happening until last night, and I think it's pretty cool: the Ja Morant effect on attendance in the OVC. 538.com noted it in an article two weeks ago (chart below on the Morant Effect), but I hand't read it. But I noticed that Morehead State, of all places, almost sold out for their blowout loss to Murray last night. Good to see some excitement in a league that generally has some sleepy atmospheres.

Morant is a hot ticket
    Attendance this season in the Ohio Valley Conference for teams hosting Murray State vs. their other home conference games

HOME TEAM NON-MURRAY STATE AVG. VS. MURRAY % CHANGE
    Tennessee Tech 2,007 5,250 +161.6
    UT Martin 1,253 3,114 +148.5
    SE Missouri St. 1,391 3,143 +126.0
    Eastern Illinois 1,211 2,410 +99.0
    SIU Edwardsville 1,127 2,178 +93.3
    Jacksonville State 2,232 3,718 +66.6
    SOURCES: SPORTS-REFERENCE.COM, ESPN

Morant is a lot of fun to watch.... Hot take alert: Zion is a freak of nature but if I am an NBA GM and I prefer Ja to Zion.