Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Other MB Games

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    RIP Seton Hall's NCAA Tournament hopes.
    Just because of losing to St. John’s? I can’t remeber their whole resume but beating UK at neutral site should loom large.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    They've played better to get it back to 5, but they dug themselves a huge hole early in the game (28-7 in the first 8 minutes) and looked like they were just going through the motions.

As resilient as they are, they need to quit digging themselves big holes. They can't win at Georgetown and they sure as hell can't beat Marquette or Villanova doing that.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    They've played better to get it back to 5, but they dug themselves a huge hole early in the game (28-7 in the first 8 minutes) and looked like they were just going through the motions.

As resilient as they are, they need to quit digging themselves big holes. They can't win at Georgetown and they sure as hell can't beat Marquette or Villanova doing that.
    Yeah I missed the beginning. They made it close but couldnt get it all the way back there.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If duke has zion, I dont know how anyone beats them once th games matter...maybe uk which makes me throw up in my.mouth a little bit.
    Duke can't shoot the 3. It will take one cold game and/or a hot shooting game from an opponent to knock them off in the tournament. As talented as they are, someone will knock them off in a single elimination tournament because they can't shoot.

Kansas kept hope alive last night to extend their Big XII championships streak. They need to win out and have K State and TT lose at least once each in the last three games. K State, in particular, has a pretty easy finishing stretch vs. Baylor, @ TCU, vs. Oklahoma. This might actually be the year.

And while Illinois fans surely don't miss Bruce Weber, it's pretty amazing that he's in this position at K-State (following a fluky Elite Eight run last year). He's certainly had more success at K-State than Illinois has had since firing him.

I'm sure LaSuck has improved a lot over the year....but they were 2-10 in the non-conference, and they're about to go to 7-8 in the A-10 by knocking off the A-10's top team. Not a great look for the league.

Supporting Member
    When Illinois (who is still complete
    garbage) beats Michigan state, it's because the big ten is deep or Illinois has improved (they still suck), but LaSalle beats the maybe second best team in the a10, and it's a bad look for the a10? Little bit of a double standard there.

Illinois winning more Big Ten games than Indiana is plenty amusing to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sure LaSuck has improved a lot over the year....but they were 2-10 in the non-conference, and they're about to go to 7-8 in the A-10 by knocking off the A-10's top team. Not a great look for the league.
    We should thank God everyday that we never have to play in the Gola Garage anymore.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Chris Mack and Louisville are going to lose at 4-10 BC. They have now lost 6 of 8.