Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Other MB Games

Sophomore
    What's truly incredible is that some of them apparently still think they're getting an invite to the Big East. The delusion is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Davidson and VCU are tied for first at 10-2, with George Mason one game behind at 9-3. Dump in 4th at 8-4
    How can their fanbase justify and tolerate such ineptitude. If they're all about the "rebuilding excuse" then I call b/s and that program truly has sunk to mid-major crap. Why? BECAUSE IT'S THE A10 AS IT EXISTS TODAY: a shell of its former self.

On the other hand, it must be wonderful, living in delusion, believing that you are still relevant, because you play in a renovated dump in front of about 12,000 people every home game. They have no idea how significant BE membership is - how important it is to be in a power conference.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    What's truly incredible is that some of them apparently still think they're getting an invite to the Big East. The delusion is incredible
    In a way, when we all look back in a few years, and I am assuming that the Big East continues to perform at a high-level, Dayton will be able to blame never getting in the BE on two things: their own ineptitude and Villanova. Nova's two national championships enabled the BE to continue to perform at such a high level that it never had to consider expansion early in its reset when expansion options were less clear.
    Last edited by xudash; 02-17-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    In a way, when we all look back in a few years, and I am assuming that the Big East continues to perform at a high-level, Dayton will be able to blame never getting in the BE on two things: their own ineptitude and Villanova. Nova's two national championships enabled the BE to continue to perform at such a high level that it never had to consider expansion early in its reset when expansion options were less clear.
    Nova being king was amazing, but not to mention, the rest of the Big East as a whole is pretty solid and marketable. We've been damn good since expansion, Seton Hall improved, St. John's is going through a bit of a fun period with Ponds, Providence had Kris Dunn, etc. After 4 bids to the NCAAs in the inaugural season, it's basically steadily increased: 4, 6, 5, 7, and 6. Those are great numbers for the amount of teams. The Big East has been a top 3 conference for the past couple years, and adding along members that drag us down isn't an option, I'm glad we're in a premier conference, and I'm glad we're performing well. The problems with Dayton are exactly that, they haven't made the right moves to be a viable, attractive candidate. With that, and the fact that the Big East has footprints in New York, DC, Philly, etc. we don't need extra members necessarily unless the piece fits for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Nova being king was amazing, but not to mention, the rest of the Big East as a whole is pretty solid and marketable. We've been damn good since expansion, Seton Hall improved, St. John's is going through a bit of a fun period with Ponds, Providence had Kris Dunn, etc. After 4 bids to the NCAAs in the inaugural season, it's basically steadily increased: 4, 6, 5, 7, and 6. Those are great numbers for the amount of teams. The Big East has been a top 3 conference for the past couple years, and adding along members that drag us down isn't an option, I'm glad we're in a premier conference, and I'm glad we're performing well. The problems with Dayton are exactly that, they haven't made the right moves to be a viable, attractive candidate. With that, and the fact that the Big East has footprints in New York, DC, Philly, etc. we don't need extra members necessarily unless the piece fits for us.
    All good points. I didn't mean to over simplify it by focusing solely on Nova's achievements and impact.

With everything mentioned, it's beyond wonderful that it has transpired as it has, as those cheering against us have otherwise been left in the dust.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Even without Nova's championships, adding Dayton wouldn't have addressed any of the issues the BE was facing (legitimacy, etc.). The only thing Dayton has to blame for not getting an invite is their own mediocrity.

Sophomore
    Arizona lost to Colorado last night. That is the 7th consecutive loss for the wildcats. According to the article below Arizona has now spent over a million dollars pertaining to the scandal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nca...234415126.html

That's one nasty ass Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Let's hope so.

It is nails on a chalkboard every time I hear someone even mention adding another team to the conference.

The Big East is having a down year. The league may only get two protected seeds, and only send five teams to the NCAA Tournament. WHAT A DISASTER!!

No other "power" conference sends half its teams to the tournament in a down year, other than the Big 12, who currently has the same ten team format we do.

When the Big East was at 16 teams, and was considered the best basketball conference ever, it actually never was. Not once did it finish as the top ranked overall conference. In fact, it routinely finished below it's finishing now, and while there was a three year period where the 16 team Big East won two titles, one of those was vacated.

The Mountain West used to be good. It used to send half it's teams to the tournament.

The Pac Twelve has been a basketball train wreck.

The ACC sent more than half the teams to the tournament more than half the time. I believe they've done it once (maybe twice) send expanding.

When it comes to the percentage of teams that the Big East puts into the NCAA Tournament, their down years are better than other conferences average or good years. Why do anything?? This whole notion of a 20 game conference schedule isn't helping the Big Ten get more teams to the tournament. It won't help the ACC either. It will arguably hurt them. What's wrong with two more OOC games?? NOTHING!!!

Don't expand. EVER!! DON'T ADD ANYONE!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Let's hope so.

It is nails on a chalkboard every time I hear someone even mention adding another team to the conference.

The Big East is having a down year. The league may only get two protected seeds, and only send five teams to the NCAA Tournament. WHAT A DISASTER!!

No other "power" conference sends half its teams to the tournament in a down year, other than the Big 12, who currently has the same ten team format we do.

When the Big East was at 16 teams, and was considered the best basketball conference ever, it actually never was. Not once did it finish as the top ranked overall conference. In fact, it routinely finished below it's finishing now, and while there was a three year period where the 16 team Big East won two titles, one of those was vacated.

The Mountain West used to be good. It used to send half it's teams to the tournament.

The Pac Twelve has been a basketball train wreck.

The ACC sent more than half the teams to the tournament more than half the time. I believe they've done it once (maybe twice) send expanding.

When it comes to the percentage of teams that the Big East puts into the NCAA Tournament, their down years are better than other conferences average or good years. Why do anything?? This whole notion of a 20 game conference schedule isn't helping the Big Ten get more teams to the tournament. It won't help the ACC either. It will arguably hurt them. What's wrong with two more OOC games?? NOTHING!!!

Don't expand. EVER!! DON'T ADD ANYONE!!!
    Expansion has little to do with the results on the court.