Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    I'm not saying he will, but Welage could pretty easily hit that number just based on pure volume if last night was any indication.....the kid obviously has the green light to shoot at will once he gets past half court and he sure seems awfully eager to oblige them on that...it's definitely not hard to see how he could put up some serious scoring numbers when it's all said and done.
    The light is both green, and ginormous! After the first four attempts I was wondering, but then it got fun!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    The light is both green, and ginormous! After the first four attempts I was wondering, but then it got fun!
    Yeah he's our biggest outside threat, and it shows, they just unleashed him, and I think will do so for the entire season. I'm totally okay with that plan.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    I'm not saying he will, but Welage could pretty easily hit that number just based on pure volume if last night was any indication.....the kid obviously has the green light to shoot at will once he gets past half court and he sure seems awfully eager to oblige them on that...it's definitely not hard to see how he could put up some serious scoring numbers when it's all said and done.
    It would be very difficult for him to average 16 ppg. I have posted on here before but the number of guys in our program over the last 15-20 years who have averaged 15 or more over a whole season is not very long.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    It would be very difficult for him to average 16 ppg. I have posted on here before but the number of guys in our program over the last 15-20 years who have averaged 15 or more over a whole season is not very long.
    I'm not disagreeing with that sentiment at all but it's pretty clear to me that this kid is going to shoot the ball an absolute TON.....volume matters.

and in the immortal words of the late great Joe Nuxall... "if you swing the bat you're dangerous"
    Last edited by DexterBailey84; 11-07-2018 at 09:39 PM.