Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Baseball

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Today's game is scheduled for 1 PM - although I'm surprised they're not trying to get a doubleheader in today with rain in the forecast all day tomorrow in Philly.

X takes game two, 6 - 1.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    it's a shame we have to rely on the big east tournament to get in. i think this is a tournament quality team. if only we could've closed out a few more in the non-conference

A season is a lifetime, except in baseball.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

With Xavier winning and St. John's beating Creighton, X has a magic number of 2 to clinch the Big East regular season crown.

Creighton and Seton Hall are now locked into the Big East Tournament; St. John's currently sits 4th with a 1-game lead on Butler and a 1.5-game lead on Georgetown.

Game canceled today. Xavier will now have to wait and see what Creighton does in their final four games of conference play. The Bluejays have to finish the season either 3-0 or 4-0 to clinch the #1 seed. Xavier needs only one Creighton loss to clinch the #1 seed thanks to their series win at Creighton two weeks ago.

While Xavier concludes their regular season with UC (one game at UC, one game at Prasco Park and one game at GABP), the remainder of the Big East is going to be a logjam.

Creighton needs to get a 3-game sweep of Villanova (or 2-0 if there's a cancellation) to clinch the #1 seed and Big East regular season crown. They're also playing to be a potential 1st-round host in the NCAA Tournament should they completely win out the rest of the way. I could point out Villanova is barely alive for an invitation to the Big East tournament, but too many things have to fall into place for them to get in (which I'll explain later).

St. John's-Seton Hall is the other big series. Tonight's game will be on FS1 and Saturday's game will be on CBS Sports Network. The Johnnies must win this weekend series at a minimum - however, if there's a 3-game sweep in the Butler-Georgetown series by either team, then St. John's has to win all 3 against the Hall to get in the field.

Butler-Georgetown is the other series going on - it's already noted that if one team sweeps the other, then St. John's would have to get a sweep themselves just to get in. But if Seton Hall wins at least 2 of 3 this weekend, then the winner of this series gets the fourth and final spot into the Big East field.

SEEDING SCENARIOS

Xavier - #1 seed if Creighton loses any game or Creighton only wins 1 game due to weather. Xavier would be a #2 seed if Creighton goes 2-0 or 3-0 against Villanova.

Creighton - #1 seed with a 2-0 or 3-0 record this weekend. #2 seed if they lose one game or more, but could be #3 in the unlikely event that Villanova sweeps Creighton and Seton Hall sweeps St. John's.

Seton Hall - can finish as high as #2 in the above scenario but could be as low as #4 if St. John's sweeps the Pirates.

St. John's - can finish as high as #3 in the above scenario, but could be eliminated altogether if they go 2-1 this weekend (along with either Butler or Georgetown going 3-0) or if they go 1-2 or worse against the Pirates.

Butler/Georgetown - see above scenario to finish #4.

Villanova - the longest of longshots - needs to go 3-0 against Creighton, needs Seton Hall to go 3-0 against St. John's and needs Georgetown to go 2-1 (or 1-1 in the event of a rainout) against Butler this weekend.

Live Stream - Game 1 vs. UC

Currently 8-0 Xavier in the top of the 2nd with only one out. 4 in the 1st, 4 in the 2nd and counting.

Xavier is pounding UC 8-1 in the 7th at GABP. This will be a series win for X assuming they hold on.

Definitely a nice momentum-builder for the Big East Tournament this upcoming weekend. Creighton did end up winning the regular season title and will play 4th-seeded Seton Hall in the opener at 2:30 on Thursday.

Xavier will play the nightcap at around 6:30 against 3rd-seeded St. John's. Admission, parking and concessions will all be free this weekend at Prasco Park.