Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Baseball

Xavier is #8 in the RPI. Go ahead and book tickets for Xavier as a national seed? Plan for Omaha?

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

So I guess you could say the Muskies are going to be in for a challenge this weekend. The Muskies travel to Tempe to play 12-0 Arizona State three times starting tonight. Somehow Arizona State isn't ranked, even though they opened the season by sweeping three from Notre Dame by a combined 46-13, swept three from UC Davis by a combined 33-7, swept three from Michigan State by a combined 29-7 and have mid-week wins against traditional powers Pepperdine and Cal State Fullerton. Having won 4 in a row (including the top 10 win at Louisville), it will be interesting to see how X matches up against what is apparently a really, really good ASU team.

Well, the good news is that Xavier only got swept by a combined 31-9 by the Sun Devils this past weekend. That puts the Muskies way ahead of Notre Dame and on par with Michigan State.

No rest for the weary. They head to Tuscon for a single game against Arizona and then visit a good Grand Canyon squad for four starting Wednesday. Two wins in the next five would probably qualify as a successful trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well, the good news is that Xavier only got swept by a combined 31-9 by the Sun Devils this past weekend. That puts the Muskies way ahead of Notre Dame and on par with Michigan State.

No rest for the weary. They head to Tuscon for a single game against Arizona and then visit a good Grand Canyon squad for four starting Wednesday. Two wins in the next five would probably qualify as a successful trip.
    In truth, this schedule is brutal. There really is no rest, but it will help them. Win the league.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    In truth, this schedule is brutal. There really is no rest, but it will help them. Win the league.
    Yeah, if you've peered at the schedule, you'd see they still have a three game roadie to Austin, TX in a few weeks. BRUTAL is definitely the right word.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

Scratch the game against Arizona. They'll go back to Phoenix for four games against Grand Canyon.

Best result of the trip so far!

Season tickets are only $35 and they sell beer. I plan on hitting some games this season.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Season tickets are only $35 and they sell beer. I plan on hitting some games this season.
    We go to as many Wichita State games as we can, and the tickets (and beer, I suspect) are a lot more expensive than that. And the Shockers have sucked out loud since I've been here. I just think college baseball is great.

Xavier scored 7 runs in the 9th and 10th innings to rally from 3-0 down to win 7-3 at Grand Canyon yesterday. They MIGHT have benefitted a bit from the fact that the Antelopes committed 5 errors in those two innings, but getting the win is all that matters!

One more win out of the next three, and I think you call it a success.