Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Baseball

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Off to a good start with a come-from-behind 11-8 win at St. John's.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3_ZDNfWwAUlXQj.jpg

Billy O'Connor got ahold of one.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 04-12-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    That's huge.

Johnnies won the 2nd game of the series in the bottom of the 14th yesterday. Rubber game of the series will be at noon on ESPN3.

A Xavier win could put them 2 games ahead of the Johnnies and a game and a half on Creighton.

Up 6-1 bottom 8. Grammes has turned into a stud on the hill on Sundays.

8-1 final. Great finish to the weekend.

Next up is a midweek game at Ohio State followed by a league series at home against Butler.

They could fall flat on their faces against Butler and Villanova still, but this weekend's series win means that the Muskies are all but assured of at least making the Big East Tournament.

Hey everyone - I posted a brief preview a few months ago and wanted to check back in now that conference play is rolling.

Speaking of rolling, don't want to jinx anything, but that's what the Musketeers are doing. Having an entirely new staff this year, this has been Billy's opportunity to go out and build the program how he envisioned it. What did he do? He scheduled the second-toughest schedule in the country, and it's paying dividends in conference play.

As I pointed out in my initial post, there's no beating around the bush: the Big East is a one-bid league this year, and it's all about positioning yourself for success over Memorial Day weekend. Xavier has done that exceptionally well through six conference games.

The bats have started swinging, and the pitching isn't too shabby either. If you have a chance, make a trip to Hayden Field to watch one of Grammes' starts. It's a sea of radar guns from scouts behind home plate, and now that he's consistently throwing strikes, he's turning into what many were hoping heading into the season.

Still 12 conference games left, but Xavier probably only needs 3-4 more to be assured of a spot in the Big East Tournament. With Villanova still left to play, and six games remaining at home, things are looking good on the diamond for the Musketeers right now.

Reminder that today's game at home against Butler will be streamed on the Big East Digital Network (Fox Sports Go) starting at 3 PM.

I suspect they may also try to get 2 games in tomorrow with rain in the forecast all day on Saturday, but no change has been announced yet.

Awesome. I'm planning on coming to some of the Big East Baseball Tournament at this point.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook