Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    I thought of that as well, but James and Kennedy to a point really didn't need to be on the court as much due to fouls, Harden, yes. Regardless, they put in some solid minutes. James looked lost, Kennedy did at times, and at other times did well.
    Yeah... every time there are 3 teammates on the court that don’t normally play many minutes, bad things usually happen. I too thought so many of them on the court at the same time seemed unnecessary. Thinking possibly Scruggs and Jones were taken out due to foul trouble at the same time Naji was taken out due to exhaustion. Even so, I sure hope we never see so many of those 7 8 9 10 deep players on the floor together unless everyone else has fouled out (or it’s at the end of a game where X is blowing out the opponent).

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Saw on twitter X was +22 with Castlin on the court.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Even though there has only been one game, that Castlin stat seems worth paying attention to throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Even though there has only been one game, that Castlin stat seems worth paying attention to throughout the year.
    I think Castlin is going to be a rich man's, Malcolm Bernard. You'll get the consistent glue guy play, but with streaky points production (with a higher ceiling than Malcolm.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

One thing that stood out to me was how you can tell the kids who have been at X a few years versus the grad transfers based on their physique. Xavier’s strength and conditioning coach has to be one of the best in college basketball.

Sophomore
    I was impressed with IUPUI. Those guys were all really well built. Kind of surprising. They weren't really physically overmatched at any position except against tyrique, but tyrique is just an absolute monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    One thing that stood out to me was how you can tell the kids who have been at X a few years versus the grad transfers based on their physique.
    Yes, except for Hankins. He's the best conditioned athlete on our team. Perhaps he's lacking a bit on the strength side, though.

We have to give Steele and staff a lot of credit. Finding what seems to be 3 very good grad transfers with such diverse strengths and having them contribute to the team was exciting. Even just a year, it should be fun watching them develop with the program.

Sophomore
    Castin was great and solid but Malcolm Bernard made our season with one game v Arizona that is an all time great performance by a "role player". I think 15 pts in second half and the ball in hand at game's end. Kudos to Castin and lets hope he is in the same situation week 2 of the ncaas

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Castin was great and solid but Malcolm Bernard made our season with one game v Arizona that is an all time great performance by a "role player". I think 15 pts in second half and the ball in hand at game's end. Kudos to Castin and lets hope he is in the same situation week 2 of the ncaas
    I agree, Bernard was a capable defender but disappeared at times. I think being forced to grab three graduate transfers vs. just one hurts us overall. It will definitely make us inexperienced next year with a slew, really hopefully they all sign, incoming freshmen.

Each transfer so far has shown potential, but that was against a team just inside the top 300. Wisconsin is going to be what shows us what this team is right now. Gard is going to key on what he has seen from us in our two first games and adjust accordingly. Wisconsin lit it up from three and Happ had a triple double, thought Coppin is literally one of the bottom 10 teams in all of basketball.