Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    One down. 30 to go.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Good win for our first game. We should be better when Q comes back.

We didn't have Goodin and Naji has been sick for two days and honestly, it was questionable if he was even going to play tonight.

First game with a lot of new players and players adjusting to new roles. Had a few lapses, but overall, I'll take it.

Hankins showed promise. Welage went off (and X needed it), Tyrique doesn't even look like the same player. He is so much quicker. He looks great physically.

I think Goodin will make a HUGE difference for this team when he comes back. Scruggs will be able to play off the ball and Goodin will be dishing out assists.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    We didn't have Goodin and Naji has been sick for two days and honestly, it was questionable if he was even going to play tonight.

First game with a lot of new players and players adjusting to new roles. Had a few lapses, but overall, I'll take it.

Hankins showed promise. Welage went off (and X needed it), Tyrique doesn't even look like the same player. He is so much quicker. He looks great physically.

I think Goodin will make a HUGE difference for this team when he comes back. Scruggs will be able to play off the ball and Goodin will be dishing out assists.
    They also had a captain injured, and their leading scorer was ejected. This is SO embarrassing! I don’t know how I can sleep tonight!

Oh, wait, I was trying to fit into the Bills Board. Never mind. Good first game for a new regime and following huge turnover. Go X!!!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Goodbye Jason Gardner, hello Walter McCarty on Saturday.

How many other 1990s/2000s NCAA players will be opposing head coaches against X this season?

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    This is our year to be better defensively?
    Agree. Can you see X play 40 minutes of half court defense against Wisconsin? I think X is a 7-8 man team with athleticism but the guards and wings are too young and inexperienced. Defense is needed badly and holding teams under 50 points please.

Junior
    It’s late so maybe I’m missing the sarcasm...but under 50 points? That’s ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    It’s late so maybe I’m missing the sarcasm...but under 50 points? That’s ridiculous
    Agreed. The only way that happens is if X plays stall ball, packs in a zone, and the other team can’t throw it into the ocean. IUPUI shot 36% overall, 33% from 3, took 10 less shots than X, and still scored 69 points.

Back to last nights game....

The team looked disjointed and unorganized at times. Players are not in game time shape yet. Fouls, missed players, sickness, inexperience all play a part in that. Fortunately, those are all things that can be overcome. It was nice to see Hardin, Kennedy, and James all get some playing time early in the game and not just in mopup time. This helps to build the bench and can really pay dividends later this year and beyond. Scruggs never got into a grove, but I thought he started out playing well. The transfers are all going to play a major role in this year’s team. Beyond them, the future looks bright and I see next years team as being very deep and talented. For this year, I don’t expect anything more than a mid-pack BE record. But if the team can get settled and the players develop while staying injury free, it could be interesting. Forward! Into the Past!
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 11-07-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Little closer than expected, however lots of good things. Harden put in a lot of minutes, 18, and had a nice three and drive floater. Was surprised to see Kennedy get so many minutes, wasn't afraid to shoot. Welage sure can fill it from long range. Hankins will be good, I think he was a bit overhyped. Three blocks? Jones was a beast. The first part of the first half was great. I have said it since Travis was higher, I think we will be more uptempo this year, mainly due to personnel.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

All-Conference
    Welage saved us, obviously.

Naji and Scruggs looked the opposite of what they did in the exhibition game. Can't have both play poorly. They have to play like seniors. Both looked clueless against a zone.

We're going to struggle to score, I think, as we play better teams and coaches.

I'll reserve further judgment until I see what we look like with Q playing 35 minutes.