Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    One has to wonder if San Jose St. has a basketball program.....
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I was impressed with IUPUI. Those guys were all really well built. Kind of surprising. They weren't really physically overmatched at any position except against tyrique, but tyrique is just an absolute monster.
    Yep, listening to the player intros they were 6'2", 6'3", 6'6", 6'7" and 7'1". So they definitely didn't lack starting height and none of them were string beans either.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Words of wisdom, Lloyd, words of wisdom
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

While this team is by no means a well oiled machine yet, everyone has to remember this is why we have buy games on the schedule. They have to get into the trenches before they can win on the field.

I'm concerned about game play on both sides, but I understand it's going to take time for some players to get up to speed. Even when everyone is pointing out fouls or illness or injury, you want ALL bench players to know their role and perform to expectation. Still, got to cut some slack, as this is a new experience for many.

Harden needs to get his head on straight and start playing stronger. I really like the kid, but he's been here long enough where the game should be slowing down for him more. Scruggs needs to figure out how to utilize plays more and less hero ball one-on-one stuff.

Welage seems exactly what the doctor ordered except for his strength in the post. He was seriously trying to block out several times, which is a great sign, but he looked to be pushed aside at times or just not able to win a rebound after holding someone back. Guards are going to have to rebound this year more than ever. Really excited to see how Welage shoots throughout the season.

Surprised we weren't passing it into the post more frequently to really work things out with Jones/Hankins. A lot of their attempts were more in a transition type of play rather than passing down there and letting them go to work. Maybe that's just a sign of how the game has changed, but two big guys like that...man we could see plays like the Hankins spin dunk a lot more. Excitement!

Xavier's bench was outscored by IUPUI's bench 41-14

Junior

We've got a tall Brad Redford...who needs a hair stylist.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I'm Unfortunately not nearly as optimistic as some here. That game was a train wreck against a bad team. No chemistry, no flow. Very little ball movement, porous defense. God I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a long season.

Just revisiting this. Any takers yet?