Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Didn't get to watch but reading this thread sounds like it was a bit of a rollercoaster, amazed to see Welage drop 21 in the second half, and with Naji basically out with the flu, and Q being out, I figured we'd look a little off/lost, but we managed to get a win which is important for Steele and the guys, just have to keep building confidence and chemistry with each other, and we have another opportunity on Saturday for that.

I think Castlin is going to be a monster for us, sounds like he was the leader we expected after Steele named him captain, I'm very much so looking forward to seeing how this season turns out, it's going to have some downs, but one in the W column is all that matters as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, except for Hankins. He's the best conditioned athlete on our team. Perhaps he's lacking a bit on the strength side, though.
    Fair enough. Just seeing What the strength and conditioning has done with Q, Tyrique, Trevon, JP....it's amazing. Dude has to be at the top of his game.

Wow, same story every year when X brings in transfers and grad players. One game and all these doubts. Remember last year when many were doubting Kanter after the first couple of games. Give Hankins a couple of games before passing judgement. From what I saw at the game, he is going to be a very strong option to Tyrique once he settles in to D1 play and the excitement of the new season and team.
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by XU-XHI View Post
    Remember last year when many were doubting Kanter after the first couple of games.
    And look at that last shot he took in a Xavier uniform...

I'm Unfortunately not nearly as optimistic as some here. That game was a train wreck against a bad team. No chemistry, no flow. Very little ball movement, porous defense. God I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    I'm Unfortunately not nearly as optimistic as some here. That game was a train wreck against a bad team. No chemistry, no flow. Very little ball movement, porous defense. God I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a long season.
    Train wreck is pretty strong...if they look the same with Goodin and 100% Naji, then I'll start buying into this. I think Saturday will be a better representation of where this team is.

Which is fair and the jury is still out on this team obviously but here is why you shouldn't be panicking or worrying yet. Our best player (Naji) has been sick all week and hasn't been at practice for 4 days. He wasn't himself out there and was kind of a liability for the first 30 minutes. Maybe our most important player and lead guard (Q) didn't play. Scruggs picked up two fouls and then sat out essentially the last 8 minutes of the first half which is where things went to shit because Harden was playing point guard and he is most definitely not a point guard. Tyrique played really well but battled a little bit of foul trouble and ended up fouling out. With Q back, things will run smoother, Scruggs can play more off the ball (where he is better), and Harden won't have to run point. Also, Naji should be back to his usual self by Saturday. It's possible Xavier doesn't wind up being any good this year but I'm pretty optimistic. All I'm saying is please nobody panic after one game with several injuries and illnesses to key players.

Cannot even say this after one game. Our starting point guard did not play. Naji had the flu. On top of that we had 3 grad transfers out there playing with the only experience players beside Jones being Role players to JP and Tre for the last few years.

From what I hear and see this team is close and all they need is games under their belt to gel as a TEAM.

Patience this year. This team is going to frustrate the hell out of us early and excite us toward the end.

We are not going to be that dominating team that we have come accustom to, but usually with Xavier teams the teams with low expectations are our most exciting fun rides of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And look at that last shot he took in a Xavier uniform...
    What, it was just a little off...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    One thing that stood out to me was how you can tell the kids who have been at X a few years versus the grad transfers based on their physique. Xavier’s strength and conditioning coach has to be one of the best in college basketball.
    One has to wonder if San Jose St. has a strength and conditioning program.....
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club