Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Today Kokrak was steady. 3 birdies, one bogey (and a sand save on #17). Currently in a tie for 15th.
    Given he played in afternoon when winds kicked up, probably his best --surely steadiest- round this year.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Really good bogey free 68 on Saturday puts him 4 behind leaders; as TV guys mentioned there are 3 spots in British Open available which would be huge for him.

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Really good bogey free 68 on Saturday puts him 4 behind leaders; as TV guys mentioned there are 3 spots in British Open available which would be huge for him.
    Guys ahead of him that are not yet qualified to root against today: Baddeley, Howell III, List, Kirk. He needs to finish top 10 and ahead of everyone except Kirk, as tiebreaker is World Ranking (Kokrak currently ranked 101).

Another very solid tournament for Jason. He is playing better and putting up solid play on the weekends........thats a very good sign!!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Another very solid tournament for Jason. He is playing better and putting up solid play on the weekends........thats a very good sign!!
    Tied for 10th. I think that gets him back to the British Open. Excellent outing for him.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Does a Top 10 in the Arnold Palmer Invitational guarantee a British Open ticket? IIRC he got in last year for a runner-up finish in the John Deere Classic the week before the British Open.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Does a Top 10 in the Arnold Palmer Invitational guarantee a British Open ticket? IIRC he got in last year for a runner-up finish in the John Deere Classic the week before the British Open.
    No;3 spots were allotted to those who finished Top 10 @ Bay hill and were otherwise not qualified; although he got the top 10, others were ahead of him to gain the three allotted spots.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    No;3 spots were allotted to those who finished Top 10 @ Bay hill and were otherwise not qualified; although he got the top 10, others were ahead of him to gain the three allotted spots.
    That's too bad. But at least he got $200+K to help assuage the pain.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

If he wins in the next several weeks would he get into the Masters? I assume that's the only way in for him at this point.

Yea... unless he jumps into the top 50 of world ranking which would be tough without winning. Currently at 91, was 101 last week.