Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    you do know that Q and Hankins have been sick? And Harden is coming back from being sick......
    And Castlin wasn't feeling well in practice yesterday. If we are down to 7 guys, this one gets really interesting.

Just win. By 1 or by 30, just need a W.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Just win. By 1 or by 30, just need a W.
    For NET purposes, please win by 10
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I think Sumner's got some eligibility left.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    And Castlin wasn't feeling well in practice yesterday. If we are down to 7 guys, this one gets really interesting.
    Paul might see substantial minutes at the point. If so look for KK to really show us something tonight.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

If I see any minutes at point, this team is in deep kimchi.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    That may be true but that doesn't seem to stop teams from scorching us. The 6'7" SR Gavin Block is a major concern. He is red hot of late going 9 of his last 11 from distance. The other guy that chucks a lot of 3's is a 6'8" 230lb freshman. His % is below average but he's only played 8 games of D1. Their size is a concern because if either start hitting a few early over, say Castlin, then Marshall will probably draw the assignment. I am hoping that for once, 3 balls are not an issue so Naji can help defend their big man Carter. I fear if this one ends up in the 80's there could be trouble.
    I agree, we do tend to let teams live from downtown, hopefully we can fix that trend, the size is kind of a concern, I wonder if we end up throwing Kennedy out there in order to use his length to disrupt them a bit if they hit a few, that could be an interesting development, at the end of the day we just have to play a clean game, and keep improving defensively, just hoping for a win and to get to the Shootout

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    you do know that Q and Hankins have been sick? And Harden is coming back from being sick......
    Sheesh what the hell is going on??

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Assuming X goes 1-2 in Maui, which I don't think anyone here can realistically project better than that due to the competition there, the OOC W-L record essentially comes down to 3 games....Wisconsin, @UC, and @Missouri. I don't feel great about this team going 2-1 in those three, so that's why I predict 9-4. Wisconsin and UC are both ahead of us in Preseason Kenpom (which unlike the junk that BPI is, I trust as a strong metric) and Missouri is about ten spots below us but that game is on the road.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I think this team may take some lumps early this season.
    Spot on prediction....missed every opportunity to this point and we certainly took some lumps. Only thing to hang our hat on is taking a top 10 to overtime, however if the road trip to Mizzu is a positive one, making the tourney is still doable. Wouldn’t hurt if UW and/or Auburn win their conference. Maybe if Missouri and Illinois finish with a .500 or better league record, that might help. Otherwise our OOC resume will not move the needle at all.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I keep saying it, we missed every OOC opportunity to produce a decent win. Now it's down to not laying any eggs and winning at Missouri who has now figured out how to play without Porter. I could see 9-4 down to 7-6. If it's 9-4, there is a decent chance this team finishes over .500.

Mizzou is going to be tough. We won't be favored.