Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    Wisconsin, Auburn, and UC games will tell us a lot. If we could win 2 of 3 from that bunch, we set ourselves up for another great season. (Obviously, hard to predict what will happen with the remaining two games in Maui).

I hope Q is ready to go by the Wisconsin game. Without him at full strength, we are going to struggle.

I'm guessing 10-3 in preseason, but hoping for 11-2. 9-4 would definitely not be a disaster, but likely means we lose the Shootout and/or Wisconsin, which would suck.
    I'd rather it be Wisconsin than the Shootout lol. I think 9-4 is right for this team in the OOC, which is alright, I also think we end up with at least 20 wins this year as well, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I think that there's too many moving parts right now, and we need Q healthy and running the offense because he's so damn good at it. I think we have a lot of talent, just kind of have to see what happens with it.

Agree with 9-4 OOC.

BE will be crazy with all the talent and hunger of every team except DePaul

Undefeated or I will get really mad on the internet.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Undefeated or I will get really mad on the internet.
    Lol you and me both. I promise to walk a ledge at all losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't know how to post a new thread so this thread will suffice

IUPUI (predicted 6th in Horizon) article 2 days ago:
    https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ue/1767964002/

......called this the best team he’s been a part of since he stepped on campus.

Gardner’s squad lost its top three scorers, but return the next four, in addition to adding key transfers who sat out last season.

Redshirt senior center and Cairo, Egypt, native Ahmed Ismail is a 7-1, 260-pound force that IUPUI just hasn’t had in recent years. Justice was Kentucky Mr. Basketball in 2015 before two years at Vanderbilt. McCall views him as “one of the best shooters I’ve ever played with.”

Also has a 6'10 frosh and a coach who told his player that he would score all the guard points, gave another a role to defend opponent's best player and a post player who will get all post touches to dominate the interior.

They are significantly LESS athletic. transfers will help them. They are better than KY Weslyn.
    We will have Hankins back. Hope Goodin is 100% healthy but we will do fine without him this game. He should start.

Sophomore
    Not sure where to put this, but thought it was funny....

ESPN’s “Basketball Power Index” (BPI) has DePaul rated higher than Xavier. They also have Marquette rated higher than duke. At what point do you reevaluate whatever goes into that rating system.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but thought it was funny....

ESPN’s “Basketball Power Index” (BPI) has DePaul rated higher than Xavier. They also have Marquette rated higher than duke. At what point do you reevaluate whatever goes into that rating system.
    Not to defend BPI specifically, but it's just preseason weights. With the limited information available for new college teams (e.g. transfers, new recruits, etc.), these weights are just supposed to establish a better starting position for teams than simply treating them all equal to one another. That way, early season rankings after only a few games can actually make some sense. If you didn't have weights, there would be some crazy fluctuations due to single-game outliers. I never even look at the preseason rankings because of this. So DePaul is ranked above Xavier? That will sort itself out quickly with BPI's algorithm once there's some actual game data.

Sophomore
    I understand what BPI is and its limitations, but my overall point was how flawed it must be to have those two data sets come out of it. In no way, shape, or form should DePaul be rated higher than Xavier, especially using a computer algorithm. Same goes for Marquette over Duke. That was my only point, and it makes me curious what information is being put into it.

I really think we should be at least 10-3 looking at this schedule. Missouri and UC aren't that great this year. Should be able to pull one of those out on the road. Should be able to serve hold at home with only one difficult game. 1 win in Maui should be doable. I'll be a bit disappointed at less than 10-3. 9-4 means we probably missed all our chances at good wins and will definitely need to finish at least 10-8 in conference.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'm guessing 10-3 OOC.

I'd be ok with 9-4 and disappointed with anything worse than that.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17