Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Mizzou is going to be tough. We won't be favored.
    I hope we can beat Mizzou.

They barley beat Kennessaw State, blown out by Iowa State, Loss to Oregon State and Kansas state easily, and barely won against UCF in overtime last game.

They do have 11 days to prepare for us, but this IS A MUST WIN OOC game for us. But first we got to beat EKU. So stick with them and lets hope for improvement.

Yes, but UCF is flat out better than us, and is far better than anyone we've beaten. That was a huge win for Mizzou, and winning in Columbia would be a big win for us.

All-Conference
    We've beaten no one. We need to beat Missouri.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I could see 9-4 down to 7-6.
    7-6 at this point would require us losing to either EKU or Detroit Mercy, literally, two of the worst team in Division 1. That would be comically bad.

I said 8-5 / 16-15 before the season, and I stand by it now. Just seems less people think I'm nuts now.

When 3/7th of your rotation is Castlin, Welage and Hankins, you aren't competing in the Big East or against that ilk of opponent. You simply aren't. Mix in Naji disappointing and Q trying to replicate Trevon's shot attempts, and you have what we got.

Next year will be a LOT better, just enjoy the Coach and the young players growing and improving as the year goes on.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Next year will be a LOT better, just enjoy the Coach and the young players growing and improving as the year goes on.
    Will we though? I think we'll be better, but we're still going to be counting on some freshmen to be pretty big contributors. Two years from now is when I think we'll be back to the program we're used to having, and hopefully the recruiting stays on track and then the Steele era should be off and running.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Will we though? I think we'll be better, but we're still going to be counting on some freshmen to be pretty big contributors. Two years from now is when I think we'll be back to the program we're used to having, and hopefully the recruiting stays on track and then the Steele era should be off and running.
    Better and good are two different things, we will be better next year. KyKy will contribute from day 1 I think, I also think Freemantle will. We won't have any low D1 players getting PT next year and will have some depth. Right now it's 12 guys, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost one on the way.

Junior
    I think Steele should tell Q, " Next time you start jacking 3s, you're gonna sit". Run some plays for Welage, and give Scruggs the green light. And run a 3/4 court, or timeline press with Q and Naji, to get some cheap baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Better and good are two different things, we will be better next year. KyKy will contribute from day 1 I think, I also think Freemantle will.
    Completely agree. Not only with new class coming in, Q and Naji should be adjusted to their new roles from this year. Also, think Steele will continue to find better ways to utilize Scruggs - arguably our best player this season to date.

I also think one of Harden or Kennedy will make a small leap to a productive player on both sides. At this point, I think it’s Kennedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt Scruggs is going to be a Star.....he’s just getting warmed up!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-17-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club