Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Defining OOC Success

With the Exhibition behind us, what would success in the OOC schedule look like. 13 games total with 5 away from Cintas. Would 9-4 make most of us feel good going into BEast play? If we win all of our home games that would be OK I guess, but I am hoping this team can surprise and go 11-2. Gotta prevent UW from returning the favor from last year, Hankins vs Happ is must see TV! Avoiding an OU upset is paramount. Win 1 in Maui, beat the Tigers and humiliate the Bearcats......That would be quite satisfying!!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-03-2018 at 04:15 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    I think 9-4 is probably right on with this team.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

The Wisconsin game is HUGE. It will set the tone/mindset going into Maui. We will know a lot about this team after that one. They basically have everyone back and should be a tourney team, however they will be without their sophomore sharpshooter Ford due to injury. Has there been a bigger recent non-con game at Cintas? I mean considering all the unknowns for us player wise and a new HC. ESPN power index has us at a 33% chance of winning.. I guess that means Vegas will have us as a home dog.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-03-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Supporting Member
    I think 9-4 and I'd be happy. I dont expect more than one win in maui, and I dont expect us to beat Wisconsin or UC. I think this is definitely a team that will be better at the end of the year than the beginning, which is way more important anyways.

I know it's silly to look this far ahead but if naji, paul, q and Jones all stay for another year, I think next year we could see something extremely special. A serious contender for a final four...however that's a long way to go and who knows what could happen between now and next year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The Wisconsin game is HUGE. It will set the tone/mindset going into Maui. We will know a lot about this team after that one. They basically have everyone back and should be a tourney team, however they will be without their sophomore sharpshooter Ford due to injury. Has there been a bigger recent non-con game at Cintas? I mean considering all the unknowns for us player wise and a new HC. ESPN power index has us at a 33% chance of winning.. I guess that means Vegas will have us as a home dog.
    I agree that the Wisconsin game is important. A lot will be decided based on who wins the defensive battle and controls pace. I think Cintas is going to be LOUD for this game.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Shooting is paramount for it, we win by out shooting them in Madison and dictating the pace.

The dribble drive won’t be quite as effective against their defense. We will need to run and get Welage and Scruggs going from outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Cintas is going to be LOUD for this game.
    LOUD for sure....just like it was in Madison last year. This game is an eerie role reversal with UW on the road in a hostile environment vs an unproven home team. X had key returning starters and was able to get the hard fought W. It was one helluva game...no reason to think this one will be any different.....GO X!!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-03-2018 at 11:41 AM.

All-Conference
    NCAA Tournament or bust. Anything less is a disappointment. That should be a MINIMUM goal for this program every year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    LOUD for sure....just like it was in Madison last year. This game is an eerie role reversal with UW on the road in a hostile environment vs an unproven home team. X had key returning starters and was able to get the hard fought W. It was one helluva game...no reason to think this one will be any different.....GO X!!!
    I will be interested to see how this game is officiated. If officiated tight I think it is to Wisconsin's advantage. It's early so I think it will be called tight. I hope the let the bigs play; like to see Tyrique and Hankins against Happ.
    Last edited by xufan02; 11-03-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Wisconsin, Auburn, and UC games will tell us a lot. If we could win 2 of 3 from that bunch, we set ourselves up for another great season. (Obviously, hard to predict what will happen with the remaining two games in Maui).

I hope Q is ready to go by the Wisconsin game. Without him at full strength, we are going to struggle.

I'm guessing 10-3 in preseason, but hoping for 11-2. 9-4 would definitely not be a disaster, but likely means we lose the Shootout and/or Wisconsin, which would suck.