G League Alternative to NCAA One and Done

Did not see this posted elsewhere. I think this is a fabulous idea and may even help clean up college basketball. I don't really care if colleges lose some of the "elite" talent. Will affect my enjoyment of college basketball 0%.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...one-route-ncaa

Sounds like a good idea to me. There will be a trickle down effect as the Dukes, UKs, UNCs, etc., start recruiting players they previously would pass on, when the one and dones are no longer interested in college hoops. Overall, the relative talent levels should remain consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Did not see this posted elsewhere. I think this is a fabulous idea and may even help clean up college basketball.
    Or give the bluebloods a chance to outbid the G-League for one-and-dones? I think it's a good alternative, but it's not going to make college basketball's problems go away by itself.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Did not see this posted elsewhere. I think this is a fabulous idea and may even help clean up college basketball. I don't really care if colleges lose some of the "elite" talent. Will affect my enjoyment of college basketball 0%.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...one-route-ncaa
    I love this idea from the college side. Players can choose to be an amateur and attend college or choose to be a pro and head to the G league. If you don't want to put up with the NCAA bullshit, then you are free to see if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

However, I am curious of how the NBA is going to handle who gets the players? And it will be a little weird for the Pacer's G league team to develop a talent that will be drafted away from them the next year.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

It seems like a mini step towards baseball's minor league.
    All along colleges have acted as the NBA's minor league, with call ups of the one-and-dones after one year.
    Maybe the NBA will invest in some sort of minor league.
    I laughed at the worry of 18 year olds competing with 25 year olds. Tell that to the minor league baseball players.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.