Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Parking is tied to your ranking as a giver, and not tied to your seat. You should not be alarmed or pi$$ed that this is happening. It is the way all colleges work. Xavier has been amazingly good over the years to long time givers and fans, but in order to keep the big money givers happy you have to care of who is helping you now. We are big time now so get over it. So you know I had the top line parking up until last year and am now B/C4 and I am a season ticket holder since 1983 and have my name on the Cintas wall as a significant giver, but I agree with the way they are handling it now. If you are not happy with your current level, then step up your giving. Act like you are big time!
    Hi Ol-digit,
    I too have had season tickets since the mid-1980’s, had premium seats since Cintas opened, and have my name on the Cintas Wall. Apparently, my mistake was prepaying my Club seat agreement several years ago with a “significant” gift without even conceiving that they would change the rules and penalize me for not making annual gifts. Now the premium seat gifts I prepaid are NOT being credited to AFO parking privileges since they are not Annual gifts as required by the new policy from our big-time program.
    So from my view “Xavier has NOT been amazingly good over the years to ALL long time givers and fans”

Oh, but they did call to tell me that even though I did not deserve a parking pass this year, they were being very nice to me by giving me a B/C4 pass this year, instead of a C2/C3, but none next year, unless I made the required “annual” AFO gift this year, since my premium seat gift doesn’t count toward parking.

Glad you are very happy with the new policy. Me, not so much!
    -deepX

Sophomore
    thanks to both of you for being givers. As a parent of 2 grads I contribute to All for One from Connecticut, maybe 500 a year. My daughters (both have alumni season tickets) went to a nice all girls Catholic High School that I give to (in my town a little more) and an alumni of an all boys Catholic high school so give there. Man I enjoy Xavier and the 2 high schools, go to games, school plays etc and realize I will never have a nice car (2001 and 2003), never go to Europe, never have a lot of things I see on TV advertisements but I am content. With the new tax law and the fact that I won't be working too much anymore (at 63) and don't have mortgage interest I won't be able to deduct anymore and that worries me a bit. I was easy giving $1000 saying it's really 700.. now $1000 will be $1000. The thing that kills me is that nobody at Xavier or these two high schools is getting rich and it is a lot of effort (that I enjoy) to maintain the status quo which seems harder and harder every year. Glad we can all do it and I fear the day I won't be able

Freshman
    Talked to the Athletic Dept. today about my problem. The bottom line is that I split my ticket payments and AFO donation (which is an option on their ticket renewal form) - half on May 1, and the balance on October 1. Unfortunately, those payments are in 2 different fiscal years, so i only got credit for the donation from the first payment. The second payment will count towards next year's AFO donation. Tried to explain that each payment was tied to THIS year's tickets, but they would not budge. I also noted that the payment form did not provide any type of notice that splitting the payment could cause a problem. I now have a call in for Greg Christopher to see if he can help or at least make an exception.

I told the one person I spoke with that Xavier would look very foolish if I were to call Bill Cunningham and talk to him about this. Instead, i have simply elected to post here and allow Xavier to make themselves look very foolish in front of their loyal fans.

Sophomore
    I am glad you tried and vented here. I think we underestimate the difficulty of running a large non public college sports program that is not ND Football or Duke Basketball. I have known Providence and Fairfield Sports Department employees in various capacities and nobody is getting rich. Xavier puts out a great product and the longer walk will do you good(assuming weather holds). I saw Madness this year and am jealous of daughter and boyfriend with alumni season tickets

My only complaint on the parking was that when they eliminated the free parking they couldn't just include the $5 in the cost of the ticket. Having to remember to get cash for the parking lot, sitting in a line 15 cars deep as Elrod makes change for everyone, when it's already impossible to get there by 6:30 is a train wreck. Not to mention the multiple times they took money for someone to come in the lot only to realize there were no spots left and then trying to refund, get them out of the lot, while a line of cars is turning in... .

Xavier b-ball is a great value all around. Parking is relatively easy with multiple options all within a 5 minute walk. Hard to complain about anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Talked to the Athletic Dept. today about my problem. The bottom line is that I split my ticket payments and AFO donation (which is an option on their ticket renewal form) - half on May 1, and the balance on October 1. Unfortunately, those payments are in 2 different fiscal years, so i only got credit for the donation from the first payment. The second payment will count towards next year's AFO donation. Tried to explain that each payment was tied to THIS year's tickets, but they would not budge.
    If you did the same payment split last year, you should have gotten credit for half of that towards this year’s AFO amount. I’ve always split my payments over 5-6 months, so I’ve got the same relative amount counting each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Freshman
    Did not split last year, paid in one lump sum. I just wish the ticket reorder form had noted how the payment is credited. Could easily have paid all the money before the end of that fiscal year. Still hoping for an exception. Xavier should do the right thing and not hide behind a bunch of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Did not split last year, paid in one lump sum. I just wish the ticket reorder form had noted how the payment is credited. Could easily have paid all the money before the end of that fiscal year. Still hoping for an exception. Xavier should do the right thing and not hide behind a bunch of rules.
    If you deal at all with the university you learn that the fiscal year ends at the end of June, which has caused your issue here. I'm sorry it happened to you. You may get some sort of reprieve from Greg Christopher. Be sure to let us know. I agree it should be explained better. I only realized it because I have some other dealings with the University that have to abide by those deadlines.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Exact same thing happened to me. We've had tickets for 40 years, split the payments, and come to find out we're bumped out of the C lot because the All for One fiscal year is different than the ticket office's. Of course, when the re-seating took place it was never told to anyone that your payment had to be in by the end of June in order to keep your parking pass. To add insult to injury, the amount allocated to our All for One is $50 from the level to get the C lot. But every single spot is apparently already allocated. I can't believe this has happened to so many people and they refuse to do anything about it.

I understand we're "big time" now as olesingeldigit has said, but that doesn't mean you big time your long time supporters.