Sophomore

I gott my Welage article

https://theathletic.com/600274/2018/...b8Ld06JfCWQ9P0

I like his mental attitude. He has a serene outlook that he will need and says (and coaches concur) that he can play defense his way. I actually liked what I saw last night..when he was strpped by James he showed stronger for the pass the next few times and contested without fouling. He will be needed and I think will adapt to the big East
    Last edited by whopper; 10-20-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Sophomore
    He was also receiving the pass from Leighton Schrand as opposed to Quentin Goodin and while I appreciate Leighton's efforts, he doesn't really belong on a floor with other D1 basketball players

Ryan is going to help Xavier this year. It might take him a little bit to find his groove, but he averaged 18 and 5 last year. He was probably the focus on defense for every team he faced.

He scored 20 points vs St. Mary's, 23 and 21 in two games against UNLV, 37 vs Wyoming, and 22 vs Nevada. He had 13 games where he scored 20 or more points. Yeah, he was on a bad team and generally played less than quality opponents, but you don't score that many points if you can't shoot and don't know how to get open.

Looking forward to watching him this year.

I’m always going to root for the kids that really want to be here and just want a chance to be part of a winning team.

Is it just me, or does he have a little Eddie Haskell thing going on there?

Ok consider the source, but my daughter at X said he’s becoming a fan favorite for the team as well.

nerd.

But if he scores 30, keep him in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Ok consider the source, but my daughter at X said he’s becoming a fan favorite for the team as well.
    Haha laughed at the consider the source. I think everybody we brought in will contribute pretty strongly to be honest, Castlin is gonna be this year's Malcolm Bernard, play some tough D, hit the occasional shot, lead by example, Haskins is going to bring a shot blocking presence we haven't had in a while, and Welage is gonna be our stretch the court shooter. Steele obviously targeted these guys for a reason and believes they can play in the Big East conference, so I say bring it on. Excited to see this assortment of new faces and new roles and everything just start coming together.