Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Q’s Shoulder

Q’s Shoulder

Shannon Russell is reporting that Quentin dislocated his shoulder a few days ago and has his left arm in a sling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Hankins swat his shot into the stands?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Shannon Russell is reporting that Quentin dislocated his shoulder a few days ago and has his left arm in a sling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was at that practice when it happened. He was in a lot of pain, but it was pretty clear the problem was a dislocation. I didn't see what happened but fortunately, that kind of problem typically doesn't create a lkot of problems going forward.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Get well, Q!!!!

[QUOTE=X-man;630032]I was at that practice when it happened. He was in a lot of pain, but it was pretty clear the problem was a dislocation. I didn't see what happened but fortunately, that kind of problem typically doesn't create a lkot of problems going forward.[/QUOTE.]

I have to disagree with you there. This injury worries me. Not only can you tear the labrum or even fracture the humerus during this injury but often after dislocating once it becomes much easier to do again. Also, the injury itself can remain painful for 4+ weeks due to swelling in the joint and may not be 100% for 6-8 weeks especially given the season is starting and it’s going to start taking a lot more contact.

[QUOTE=LOLmickcronin;630035]
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I was at that practice when it happened. He was in a lot of pain, but it was pretty clear the problem was a dislocation. I didn't see what happened but fortunately, that kind of problem typically doesn't create a lkot of problems going forward.[/QUOTE.]

I have to disagree with you there. This injury worries me. Not only can you tear the labrum or even fracture the humerus during this injury but often after dislocating once it becomes much easier to do again. Also, the injury itself can remain painful for 4+ weeks due to swelling in the joint and may not be 100% for 6-8 weeks especially given the season is starting and it’s going to start taking a lot more contact.
    You don't know if he tore his labrum or fractured his humerus. Let's not start speculating about all the worst case scenarios.

I had labrum and rotator cuff surgery at once.. not good

In fine if Q protects his shoulder by just running offense for the first stretch of the season. Don’t go to the rim, and dont shoot. Just orchestrate. In a few weeks, when we get into the crunch time of real games, Q will explode to the rim.

Hope he is good, and we make a plus situation from this

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I was at that practice when it happened. He was in a lot of pain, but it was pretty clear the problem was a dislocation.
    Can you confirm the day this happened? Guessing he hasn't practiced since, with his arm in a sling. Is it fair to say no "Madness" for him on Friday?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Can you confirm the day this happened? Guessing he hasn't practiced since, with his arm in a sling. Is it fair to say no "Madness" for him on Friday?
    I didn't see it happen, but he was in considerable pain. Regarding "fan" LOLMICKCONIN's post above, I'm sure he'll be relieved to know his worst case scenario isn't happening. According to today's Enquirer, Q is "day-to-day". While he may not participate in Friday's Madness, Coach Steele says he'll be fine by season's start.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Hoping for the best.