Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Q’s Shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Q in non contact drills at practice.
    Step in the right directly to get him healthy, I don't think we're gonna have an amazing Maui performance by any means, but without Q in Maui would be a complete dumpster fire, so hoping he gets back to 100% soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Q in non contact drills at practice.
    With non contact, do you know how much this will effect his participation in regular season games?
    Last edited by noteggs; 10-29-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    With non contact, do you know how much this will effect his participation in regular season games?
    50%

Hope that shoulder heals and stays healed! What is that metric that MLB uses about wins vs replacement? If some type of similar metric could be used here, Q would be off the chart. His experience is invaluable and cannot be replaced, especially at the PG position. If EH is forced into playing significant minutes, we will struggle to get wins. He looks Horizon league-ish.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-07-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I was encouraged that he appeared to have full range of motion and didn’t seem to be favoring it when interacting with his teammates. I suspect that the coaching staff knowing his value to the team, they are being overly cautious at this time. No sense in taking a chance on a relapse in games where his presence is not really needed.

I like Scruggs for what he is. But what he ISN'T is a primary ball handler. He's a capable second ballhandler. And the dropoff to #3 ballhandler is huge, falling to either Naji or Harden. Naji can get his own shot when he's got the ball, but he cant get shots for others. And since few others can get their own shots, It's really gonna be hard to create looks until Q gets back......

IUPUI clearly figured this out, having used the press on multiple occasions last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I like Scruggs for what he is. But what he ISN'T is a primary ball handler. He's a capable second ballhandler. And the dropoff to #3 ballhandler is huge, falling to either Naji or Harden. Naji can get his own shot when he's got the ball, but he cant get shots for others. And since few others can get their own shots, It's really gonna be hard to create looks until Q gets back......

IUPUI clearly figured this out, having used the press on multiple occasions last night.
    Naji had 7 assists last night....not bad for a guy that “can’t get shots for others”. ��

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Naji had 7 assists last night....not bad for a guy that “can’t get shots for others”. ��
    I think when we see Q return that Q/Scruggs are the top options with Harden as the emergency. Next year all bets are off. I thought the game was pretty sloppy and surprised we only had 13 TOs. It is the first game, I know I have been spoiled by X's continuity over the years. They looked like a team that has never competed together. With Q being healthy, this will be a totally different team in the coming months.

I have concerns with Welage's defense, no shocker, I also have concern with our three point shooting. We need to move the ball better around on offense. This team will take lumps, I hope they don't take too many to keep us out of the tournament.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I like being cautious with Q just hope they dont get unnecessarily cautious. Even though we may not need Q to win last night or Saturday we need as much gelling for this new team as possible against some lighter competition. Hopefully Q can go Saturday before facing Wisconsin.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Naji averaged 1.6 APG last year. His high was 4 in a game, which he did 6 times. He had 7 games with no assists.

I wateched the game last nigth and it seemed like alot of his assist came out of transition. I guess what I'm referring to is being a ball handler in the halfcourt offense. Breaking down a defender to create a double team or demand help in some way which results in someone whoe gets open and untilately gets the ball for a shot.

Bottom line.....we need Q, cause we are not deep with ballhandlers.