Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    We played at Michigan who was ranked in the top 25 when we played them and this year we play the 2nd or 3rd best big ten team participating in the Gavitt Games. I get complaining from a redundancy standpoint, but I don't get the complaint from a match up standpoint. It's a tournament team coming into Cintas.
    I don't care if Wisconsin has Jesus playing power forward, I don't have any desire to see that matchup, again.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't care if Wisconsin has Jesus playing power forward, I don't have any desire to see that matchup, again.
    What's jesus weigh, like 150lbs? Naji would eat him alive. Welage could even get extended minutes.

This is great news for me.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

I think from a fans perspective that most would want some variety from year to year. You should be trying to match up schools where the games would be a good match up and of course would generate a good viewing audience. Kansas-Nova is a no-brainer. I would love to see WV, Texas or Baylor. There isn't really a bad match up in that conference.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Brace yourself for invasion, Ames, Iowa.
    Gross.

Official from Big 12 media day:
    Big 12 Conference
    @Big12Conference
    BREAKING: @Big12Conference + @BIGEAST announce a 4-year #MBB scheduling series! More details on the BIG news here » https://big12.us/2CzJP7m .

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    Official from Big 12 media day:
    Big 12 Conference
    @Big12Conference
    BREAKING: @Big12Conference + @BIGEAST announce a 4-year #MBB scheduling series! More details on the BIG news here » https://big12.us/2CzJP7m .
    Damn. Was really hoping for a 6 or 8 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Damn. Was really hoping for a 6 or 8 year deal.
    I believe the Big 12's TV deal ends in 4 years, hence the term agreed upon.

All-Conference
    Just give us Kansas at home once.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    I believe the Big 12's TV deal ends in 4 years, hence the term agreed upon.
    This is correct, the TV deal does end in 4 years, and there's a lot of whispers of what Texas/Oklahoma are gonna do, so probably best it's only 4 years as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Will we get hosed like the Gavitt games ? My question is why do get the shitty matchups, except for Michigan ? It's not like we're the
    chopped liver of the Big East. I can see us with 2 farm aid games at KState and Iowa State, while Butler gets Kansas.
    I don't think we're gonna get shitty match-ups in this one even remotely... K-State is supposed to be pretty solid this year, Nova will definitely get Kansas, but that gives us a chance at WVU (I know you guys hate Huggy, but gotta respect WVU as a pretty decent basketball team), K-State (on the uptick), Texas, Iowa State (also not that bad of a team), Texas Tech (Chris Beard is the real deal, and they are good too), etc. The Big 12 is loaded with good teams, and we're in the upper half of the Big East, we're 95% guaranteed a Q1 game, and probably a pretty solid opponent.