Herron Eligible Immediately for St. John's

Link

Mustapha Heron has been ruled immediately eligible after an offseason transfer from Auburn to St. John’s, the school announced on Saturday. Heron’s eligibility was first reported by Adam Zagoria.
    One of the biggest transfers to make a move last offseason, the 6-foot-4 Heron gives the Red Storm a potent double-figure scorer as expectations will now be sky-high for St. John’s to make a run for a bid to the NCAA tournament. Heron is receiving a hardship waiver from the NCAA, as the Waterbury, Connecticut native moved closer to home so that he could be near his ill mother.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

St John’s will have a very talented squad....but I still doubt the coaching staff’s ability to get them playing well together.

Agreed. Chris Mullin is still the HC afterall.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    St. John's showed flashes of potential with wins against Duke and Villanova (along with a home win against Butler without Shamorie Ponds). Now they need some consistency for a full season. Might be now or never for Chris Mullin.