Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big East - Big 12 Challenge

Per Jon Rothstein - Source: The Big East and Big 12 have officially agreed to an annual "challenge" between the two conferences, starting during the 19-20 season. Official announcement expected soon.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...96431395651592

I like it. There are 4 Big XII schools within about a 2.5 hour drive from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    Per Jon Rothstein - Source: The Big East and Big 12 have officially agreed to an annual "challenge" between the two conferences, starting during the 19-20 season. Official announcement expected soon.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...96431395651592
    Hopefully this works out better than the Gavitt Games in terms of teams coming to Cintas.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I like it. There are 4 Big XII schools within about a 2.5 hour drive from me.
    Which means we'll be playing West Virginia every year.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Hopefully this works out better than the Gavitt Games in terms of teams coming to Cintas.
    You mean you don't want another home and home with Baylor?

Brace yourself for invasion, Ames, Iowa.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

My biggest question is what took them so long?

My second question is does this really provide a guaranteed quadrant 1 game?

Junior
    Will we get hosed like the Gavitt games ? My question is why do get the shitty matchups, except for Michigan ? It's not like we're the
    chopped liver of the Big East. I can see us with 2 farm aid games at KState and Iowa State, while Butler gets Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Will we get hosed like the Gavitt games ? My question is why do get the shitty matchups, except for Michigan ? It's not like we're the
    chopped liver of the Big East. I can see us with 2 farm aid games at KState and Iowa State, while Butler gets Kansas.
    We played at Michigan who was ranked in the top 25 when we played them and this year we play the 2nd or 3rd best big ten team participating in the Gavitt Games. I get complaining from a redundancy standpoint, but I don't get the complaint from a match up standpoint. It's a tournament team coming into Cintas.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    My biggest question is what took them so long?

My second question is does this really provide a guaranteed quadrant 1 game?
    A road game against a Big 12 team is almost a lock to be a Quadrant 1 game unless the team is rated above 75 in the RPI/NET/whatever statistic will be used going forward.