Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Don't know who's saying that (besides Xville) but for a guy who has NBA scouts looking at him, he is very frustrating and disappointing. I know,he's only a sophomore. But we see teams with freshmen taking over games. Yes, Trevon was famous for taking off complete halves of games and then scoring 20. But he didn't turn the ball over a half dozen times and he didn't have NBA chasing after him.
    Oh no UCGRAD4X, he’s disappointing? So no love for a bonified cold blooded killer? Man you just can’t please some people.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Oh no UCGRAD4X, he’s disappointing? So no love for a bonified cold blooded killer? Man you just can’t please some people.
    Bonified cold blooded killer? Even tonight we had no one stepping up as SH came back from 16 points. I could be missing sarcasm but no one on this team is that. If X had someone with that mentality on the team it would be the difference of 2-3 wins and looking like an NCAA tourney team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Bonified cold blooded killer? Even tonight we had no one stepping up as SH came back from 16 points. I could be missing sarcasm but no one on this team is that. If X had someone with that mentality on the team it would be the difference of 2-3 wins and looking like an NCAA tourney team.
    Another non believer...Master Snipe is very disappointed in you. Yes, Naj is a CBK

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Early in the second half I thought Steele needed to sit Naji he has several frustrating plays and turnovers early in the half but ever since I tweeted that I thought he needed to sit for a few h went off offensively. He was huge but he does make some really boneheaded plays too. He is still young though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All kinds of size, length, and athletic ability. He just needs to get himself a little bit more under control handling the ball. Otherwise, he's got a nice handle for a kid his size. Shoots the ball well when he steps into a catch and shoot. I don't expect him to be the best defender on the floor every night that he's scoring 20 plus. If he gets himself under control, he could be a really good point forward, and not just in college.

Supporting Member
    Can all you Naji haters expose yourselves. Especially the guy that said he’s not a D1 player.....Xville?
    If you are going to "call me out" can you show me where I said that? Because even I think that is crazy. I have said on numerous occasions this year that it is very possible naji and paul dont stay thru their senior year because they are playing professionally somewhere.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-21-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If you are going to "call me out" can you show me where I said that? Because even I think that is crazy. I have said on numerous occasions this year that it is very possible naji and paul dont stay thru their senior year because they are playing professionally somewhere.
    My sincere apology. I was lazy and didn’t read thru your posts.

Supporting Member
    My sincere apology. I was lazy and didn’t read thru your posts.
    No big deal...I will say I have been extremely hard on Q all year and the last two games, he has shown improvement..so i will eat a bit of crow there. Besides the turnovers which are still a big issue, this team as a whole has obviously gotten better. Cut down on turnovers and find the real Paul Scruggs, and this team really could win out the regular season.

It doesn't look like the Net Rankings have been updated as of yet, but I'm assuming we jumped into the 80s from the win last night. Are there any predictors out there to show where the team would be if they won out in the regular season? I'd have to think it would be somewhere in the 50s??

One thing I haven’t seen much is the praise for Naji pretty much taking Powell out of his game last night. Powell plays 40 minutes and goes 6-16 and 2-7 from 3. He averages 22 a game. Naji made him work really hard for those 16 and never let him get comfortable. Yes Naji had some bad plays and turnovers, but man he was really good last night. Even late when things were falling apart he still didn’t let Powell be the guy to beat them.

Looking at his movement last night I wonder if he isn't still dealing with a banged up body. He was really conserving energy as much as possible and wasn't as physical as in some games past.

Marshall has a lot of quality skills, but he is very inconsistent. Still is liability on defense and needs help (most of the team fits this category). Still needs to work on his handle if he wants to drive more reliably or else shore up that three pointer.

Hey, he had a great game last night and we all celebrate that. Credit due. But this is very much a work in progress to be calling him a cold blooded killer.

The outside shooting was really a new twist last night and while it was the difference maker, he still took some of those that made absolutely no sense given the score, clock time, and his teammates rebounding position. Hopefully though he continues to improve his spot up shooting, as that is helping open the floor.