Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Naji Marshall

Nice to learn a bit about Marshall's background.

I think it's a bit surprising to have this article come off like Marshall's an underdog, when the fact is—according to 247sports—he is Xavier's 5th highest ranked recruit ever. I'm not saying he hasn't had to work for what he has achieved, just that his natural-born talent has been obvious to people around him for a while, and most people say he makes it look easy.

Hard to call a four star prospect an underdog. Maybe he was recruited late, but people just hadn't seen him.

The Enquirer article is here.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Nice to learn a bit about Marshall's background.

I think it's a bit surprising to have this article come off like Marshall's an underdog, when the fact is—according to 247sports—he is Xavier's 5th highest ranked recruit ever. I'm not saying he hasn't had to work for what he has achieved, just that his natural-born talent has been obvious to people around him for a while, and most people say he makes it look easy.

Hard to call a four star prospect an underdog. Maybe he was recruited late, but people just hadn't seen him.

The Enquirer article is here.
    Didn't Naji get a HUGE jump in the recruiting rankings late after he already committed to Xavier?? I haven't read that article yet, but I'm going to in a little, I was just trying to spitball why he was an "underdog" so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Didn't Naji get a HUGE jump in the recruiting rankings late after he already committed to Xavier?? I haven't read that article yet, but I'm going to in a little, I was just trying to spitball why he was an "underdog" so to say.
    I saw him rated from 32-90. I was told by some Jersey guys that the people who actually watched him rated him high and the people who rate based on videos and such rated him lower.

Sophomore
    he is what they call a "baller".. You want 14 pt, 7 Reb, 2 assist, great defense. I don't know if a 3 or a 4..becoming meaningless

I still think, despite the egg we laid against FSU, we win if Naji doesn't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    I still think, despite the egg we laid against FSU, we win if Naji doesn't get hurt.
    Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I concur, didn’t the FSU guy tank on his leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    he is what they call a "baller".. You want 14 pt, 7 Reb, 2 assist, great defense. I don't know if a 3 or a 4..becoming meaningless
    I guess he’s living up to your expectations....those numbers are spot on. His defense might not be great but is very good. He has been slowed some by injury I guess but some have hinted that there may have been a disciplinary element involved with the sore back. Now a shoulder issue? Did anyone see anything in the PC game? If so, this is where he needs to play thru some pain. I don’t see how we keep the Hausers in check w/o him.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I guess he’s living up to your expectations....those numbers are spot on. His defense might not be great but is very good. He has been slowed some by injury I guess but some have hinted that there may have been a disciplinary element involved with the sore back. Now a shoulder issue? Did anyone see anything in the PC game? If so, this is where he needs to play thru some pain. I don’t see how we keep the Hausers in check w/o him.
    Regarding the PC game, at the time it looked he tripped and then possibly got kicked accidentally while on the ground. But I thought he was holding his head. That was basically the last chance X had, anyway, so I don’t think the fact that he didn’t return had any impact.

I have noticed that teams go on offensive runs when Naji leaves the game. I’m not smart enough to directly assess his defensive abilities, but that seems to indicate that he’s pretty important on that end.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Wtf!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club