Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More Pre-Season predictions

https://cbbtoday.com/mens/big-east-p...ing-somewhere/

Some interesting pronastication here. X at 4th sounds about right. Actually not much to disagree with, other than SJU much stronger now that Heron is official and I don't think Nova has the experience to come out on top.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-27-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    https://cbbtoday.com/mens/big-east-p...ing-somewhere/

Some interesting pronastication here. X at 4th sounds about right. Actually not much to disagree with, other than SJU much stronger now that Heron is official and I don't think Nova has the experience to come out on top.
    Nova has by far the most talent in the league. They have three 5th year guys to lead them along with some really talented underclassmen. Gillespie, samuel, cosby-roundtree, swider, slater, and quinerly round out a superbly talented rotation.
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 09-27-2018 at 01:07 PM.

I forgot about that sharpshooting grad transfer from Albany. So 1 starter from last year? Boothe will be targeted nightly and can be neutralized. As far as their blue chip frosh, no way to know how effective they will be. Will be a tough league to get some traction for youngster this year.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    I can't be convinced about St Johns being in the top half until they prove they can be in the top half.

You can't win a league playing tough guy street ball. You can win some games, but it won't be consistent.

Sophomore
    Paschall will end up being an All-American, and depending on how Markus Howard and Shamorie Ponds year’s play out, could be the Big East PoY. Him and Booth provided the most experienced 1-2 punch in the league. Samuels will take a big leap, and Quinerly will be ready to play big from the get. Unfortunately, this is still Nova’s league to lose.

Sophomore
    I have been skeptical about our prospects this season, but the closer we get to the season, the more I like our chances to make some noise. I like our grad-transfers and think they’ll all contribute to much needed depth. In fact, I’m almost less concerned about them than I am about our core returners. Think the season hinges on the relative development of the returners, but we all know the talent is there. If all make big strides, why can‘t we repeat as champs, especially with a wide-open BE? Maybe my skepticism is just being over-ridden by my inevitable homerism.

As far as Nova goes, this is the year we will really get to find out just how wide the talent gap is between them and the rest of the BE. Maybe the most interesting storylines since we joined the BE. New-look Nova, X/Steele, Prov’s continued emergence, Ewing/G’town, St. John’s and Marquette on the rise... Should be fun, as always.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ponds just go scoring crazy every game this year, but I don't know if his team can actually win that way.

Still...the dude was really filling it up in the second half of the season and seemed to be able to get his own basket much stronger than Howard. (of course if you leave Howard open he's gonna hit.)

Not sure where X will land in this very strong and beast of an East conference this year, but I believe cautiously X will be 19-12. I hope vbetter but these teams this year except DePaul, will be licking their chops and all scrapping for teh title.

Hope our guards can score consistently. Cannot live by defense and die by defense.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Not sure where X will land in this very strong and beast of an East conference this year, but I believe cautiously X will be 19-12. I hope vbetter but these teams this year except DePaul, will be licking their chops and all scrapping for teh title.

Hope our guards can score consistently. Cannot live by defense and die by defense.
    Conference record of 9-9 or 10-8? I don't know if we make the dance if we're at 8-10 especially with a, supposed, weak BE this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Conference record of 9-9 or 10-8? I don't know if we make the dance if we're at 8-10 especially with a, supposed, weak BE this year.
    Have to keep the streak alive and finish at least 9-9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.