Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Zach Hankins

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    So where is Jones going to be while all this happens? I personally would like to see Tyrique post those kind of numbers and build toward a monster 2019/20 season.
    Our bigs averaged 24.6/12.2 last year in 46 mpg. Could easily see both Zach and Tyrique averaging 11/6.5 in 20-23 mpg each.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    who doesn't like Dee Davis??
    The run into the lane with no plan, turn your back to the basket, and then throw it up towards the hoop move got old.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    The run into the lane with no plan, turn your back to the basket, and then throw it up towards the hoop move got old.
    Dee could be frustrating at times, but my recollection is that he had a very good second semester his senior year, including hitting a huge three at the end to beat UC at 5/3 Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Dee could be frustrating at times, but my recollection is that he had a very good second semester his senior year, including hitting a huge three at the end to beat UC at 5/3 Arena.
    Agreed. He is not in my personal top 5 maligned players, but if someone didn't like Dee Davis that type of play is likely a big part of why.

Agreed. He is not in my personal top 5 maligned players, but if someone didn't like Dee Davis that type of play is likely a big part of why.
    Dee Davis said he is organizing the XU alumni team. he will be on it with Holoway, McLean, and others. Get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Our bigs averaged 24.6/12.2 last year in 46 mpg. Could easily see both Zach and Tyrique averaging 11/6.5 in 20-23 mpg each.
    If Ty and Zach can equal what those 3 did last year, look out! I mentioned the possibility of both on the floor together in another thread and it was shot down. Mostly because Jones would be shredded on D by opposing "stretch" fours. So, yeah, they both should see 90% of the pt at the 5....ZH most likely 100%
    Last edited by Xuperman; 09-26-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

[QUOTE=Xuperman;629229]If Ty and Zach can equal what those 3 did last year, look out! I mentioned the possibility of both on the floor together in another thread and it was shot down. Mostly because Jones would be shredded on D by opposing "stretch" fours. So, yeah, they both should see 90% of the pt at the 5....ZH most likely 100%[/QUOTE
    Agreed. Hope Ty can run faster and guard without fouling. If X is any good, Zach or Ty will need to average close to 35 minutes of PT in February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The production from the 5 was the best that I can recall over the years. Tyrique and Sean pulled down the boards, while Karem was more of a scorer. All 3 had high FG%, and that was huge as well.

With JP and Trevon gone, the scoring load will need to be spread around more. I like Q and Scruggs, but they don’t fit the “lead scorer” role. Naji will be the guy, and Wellage will be #2, or #1 when Naji rests. Gonna need some points from inside. So I see 24 per game as possible. I think the blocks will go WAY up. I think Hankins is an elite shot blocker, and when he comes out, teams will try to go at Tyrique. He will eat them.

Fouls. Only wild card. Hankins can play major minutes, but if he gets in foul trouble we will have to count on Tyrique for extended minutes, which has been his weakness thus far....

alright then, you got me.

good kid though....and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    alright then, you got me.

good kid though....and all that.
    Davis, McAfee, Dante=. Had fire

Martin, Robinson, gates=. No fire

Fire is everything