Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Hankins

Zach Hankins

Hankins sounds like he's full of major effort and personality, two things I think we all enjoy seeing in Xavier basketball players. Kind of hard to believe he didn't try to transfer out of Ferris State earlier, but I guess we should be glad how he got here. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Here's the Enquirer link.

Great stuff!!!

Sophomore
    Sounds like his outlook on fitness and competition differs a little bit from Kenny Frease's. I like that

man crush

Junior
    Judging effort and personality he might be a bigger JP. If so, Whoa Nellie, we got us a hoss. For you younger folks, google Keith Jackson.

Sophomore
    He had a good game against Mich State. Very nice article and fitness is underrated, it is the way to get easy baskets and long rebounds which we were a little weak in. Wish we had Kaiser as I don't want to have breakdowns due to over use injury but lets see if James can fill a void. We had Castin and Hankins and look forward to Welage (who has a great youtube)

Sounds like we’re going to have a dedicated player with a little chip on his shoulder. After writing that, does sound a bit like we might have a big JP.

A BigMac size Macura. A Sean who’s a tad less “puffy” and a step faster. A Kerem who can always rise higher. A Tre that can better help carry the defense.

I’d be happy with any version of Hankins.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Sounds like we’re going to have a dedicated player with a little chip on his shoulder. After writing that, does sound a bit like we might have a big JP.
    Freemantle, who is coming in 2019, is also reputed to be a larger version of JP. So we are good on that front both for this year and beyond.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    He looks good but the proof is in the pudding. I love him so far (and Castin and Welage and Hansen) but the guys you mentioned did produce at a high level , almost the highest, and I will never forget the events of the past 4 years.