Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Great time @ the XU Reunion. I would highly recommend it for those of you lucky enough to have one coming up. Everything FREE including two great meals, @ Schmidt Hall (didn't know there was one- old library?), and one at the Schiff Center before the game. Nice memorabilia including a group picture and other X items. Had to get by Dana's a couple of times (yeah, I bought the T-shirt) as well as Listermann's. Did the perfunctory Skyline trip as well. Great new hotel just opened on Dana near campus, Hilton Gardens. I walked in on the Mayor and the entourage dedicating the joint. They have a terrific breakfast including anything you would want freshly cooked by chefs. Had a good selection of wines by the bottle available right in the lobby. Here's a couple of scores from 1968:

Xavier 72 UC 71 (rehashed with Bob Quick)
    Xavier 15 UC 10 ( we never lost a football game to UC while I was there)
    Great post.

Thanks for sharing.

I was particularly surprised to read that we swept UC in football like that during your tenure there. Very nice. I won't ask if your memory was overrun by MD 20/20. I'll just take your word for it.
    X A V I E R

No place to put this, but here is a thought about alumni.
    Xavier is on capital campaign to raise $250 mil and is at about $177.
    Tiny Wofford College here is on one to raise $300 mil and already has $262.
    One big donor (Jerry Richardson who owned Panthers) has already given new fine arts building, and state of the art basketball arena.

Moral - helps to have one or two really wealthy alumni who love their school.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    No place to put this, but here is a thought about alumni.
    Xavier is on capital campaign to raise $250 mil and is at about $177.
    Tiny Wofford College here is on one to raise $300 mil and already has $262.
    One big donor (Jerry Richardson who owned Panthers) has already given new fine arts building, and state of the art basketball arena.

Moral - helps to have one or two really wealthy alumni who love their school.
    Believe me, I’d LOVE to be that guy, and nobody is more disappointed about this than ME!

X was on 65 acres when I was there, now 200+. What a gorgeous campus. I must have zoned out when they were talking about that new 4-5 story building going up as I'm not sure what all is going in there altho I did see the video here.
    2023 Sweet 16