Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dieonte Miles commits

Once again, old news, yet someone worthy of having his own thread (being shown a little love), since he is now a verbal committ.

Welcome to the X family Dieonte! Can’t wait to see you and the rest of ‘19 commits grow into some of the biggest, baddest beasts in the Big East.

Welcome. We like tall athletic players.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Welcome. We like tall athletic players.
    Yes we do!

Welcome! Love seeing this class come together!

Just got back from Walton-Verona’s opening game against Dixie Heights.

Miles didn’t really dominant the game, but he did show some flashes of talent and potential, especially in the 2nd half as WV pulled away. In the first half he was getting pushed around pretty good by a smaller Dixie team that was constantly double and even triple teaming him, and his teammates weren’t really looking for him.

He is really thin, but he moves extremely well. He is a lefty with a nice left handed hook/push shot over his right shoulder. In the pregame shoot around he showed ability to shoot the 3, but it’s kind of a push shot from down low. He didn’t try any in the game. I think he was 3-4 in foul shots and showed a decent rotation there. Had a couple of blocks, a stick back dunk off a miss, a drive down the lane with his right hand followed by a dunk, and a drive the length of the court followed by a lay-in. Not sure what his scoring and rebounding statistics ended up being. They have some decent players and turned DH over a lot, so it’s not a one man show by any means. Like I said, he moves well and didn’t seem to get tired. WV is a team that tries to push the ball on offense and he was going up and down the court with no problems. Not a power player, more of a finesse type player right now. Needs to work on his strength and gaining some weight. Also needs to work on his hands. Fumbled the ball while rebounding more than once. There were some other Xavier fans there, sitting behind me, and I’m sure that others were there as well. I’d like to here their take also. I game away hopeful and encouraged. I think he can develop into a really good player.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

Miles didn’t really dominant the game, but he did show some flashes of talent and potential, especially in the 2nd half as WV pulled away. In the first half he was getting pushed around pretty good by a smaller Dixie team that was constantly double and even triple teaming him, and his teammates weren’t really looking for him.

He is really thin, but he moves extremely well. He is a lefty with a nice left handed hook/push shot over his right shoulder. In the pregame shoot around he showed ability to shoot the 3, but it’s kind of a push shot from down low. He didn’t try any in the game. I think he was 3-4 in foul shots and showed a decent rotation there. Had a couple of blocks, a stick back dunk off a miss, a drive down the lane with his right hand followed by a dunk, and a drive the length of the court followed by a lay-in. Not sure what his scoring and rebounding statistics ended up being. They have some decent players and turned DH over a lot, so it’s not a one man show by any means. Like I said, he moves well and didn’t seem to get tired. WV is a team that tries to push the ball on offense and he was going up and down the court with no problems. Not a power player, more of a finesse type player right now. Needs to work on his strength and gaining some weight. Also needs to work on his hands. Fumbled the ball while rebounding more than once. There were some other Xavier fans there, sitting behind me, and I’m sure that others were there as well. I’d like to here their take also. I game away hopeful and encouraged. I think he can develop into a really good player.
    in other words....a bit of a project.....but could blossom into a real steal for us. I like the risk here......seems low.

I was part of the crew sitting behind you last night. You hit the nail on the head with your assessment. He is closer to 6'9" than 6'11" and needs to add about 30-40lbs of muscle. He is extremely weak right now, but that's what M. Jennings and a proper diet is for when he gets to X.
    One other postive we noticed out of his game was his passing ability when he got the ball in the post or free throw line. He made perfect passes to teammates cutting to the basket for 3/4 assists.
    He is the perfect use of the 12/13 scholarship with how high his upside is.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    in other words....a bit of a project.....but could blossom into a real steal for us. I like the risk here......seems low.
    Agreed....in this large of a recruiting class, I am perfectly fine with 1 of them being a complete project that may start contributing heavily by end of his sophomore or beginning of his junior year. If he never gets "it," then thats alright too, though I hope for the kids' sake that he does get it.

Does he play piano?

This exact post several years ago could easily have pertained to DBrown if you saw a CJ v Fenwick game.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket