Women's Full Schedule is Released

Link

Xavier returns point guard Na'Teshia Owens who played and started in 27 games last season. She averaged 7.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game, while adding 59 assists and 24 steals. The junior also hit 40 percent (30-for-75) of her three pointers to rank eighth in the BIG EAST.

• The Musketeers also return Aaliyah Dunham who was named to the BIG EAST All-Freshman Team. The guard led the team in assists (74) and three pointers made (32). She finished the year ranked fourth in Xavier single-season history in assists by a freshman.

Aaliyah Dunham also connected on 39 percent of her three pointers (32-for-82), the ninth best percentage in the conference.

• Xavier finished the year ranked second all-time in program history in made three pointers with 214. The 700 attempted three pointers rank first in school history.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

They are definitely not challenging themselves in the non-conference. LOL

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

Xavier returns point guard Na'Teshia Owens who played and started in 27 games last season. She averaged 7.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game, while adding 59 assists and 24 steals. The junior also hit 40 percent (30-for-75) of her three pointers to rank eighth in the BIG EAST.

• The Musketeers also return Aaliyah Dunham who was named to the BIG EAST All-Freshman Team. The guard led the team in assists (74) and three pointers made (32). She finished the year ranked fourth in Xavier single-season history in assists by a freshman.

Aaliyah Dunham also connected on 39 percent of her three pointers (32-for-82), the ninth best percentage in the conference.

• Xavier finished the year ranked second all-time in program history in made three pointers with 214. The 700 attempted three pointers rank first in school history.
    That link is to the men's schedule release. The women's is here.

• The Musketeers will take on three opponents for the first time in school history in Fairfield, North Alabama and Alabama State.

Wow. I'm fired up now.

I don't think this program has had less momentum in the past 20 years than it does now.

Freshman
    It's also worth noting that this year's roster hasn't yet been published. Do we know if anyone transferred out?

Not sure they should be highlighting their 3 pointers when they were 219th in 3 point percentage last year.

I just read this, apparently the ladies own UC right now. What does that say about UC?

I've adjusted the schedule link in the first post. Apparently it was redirecting to the Men's Schedule (Goxavier has fixed this as well). I know way less about Women's Basketball SOS, but this schedule is less than stellar. What's the predicted record.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Freshman
    Would need to see who's still on the roster to make any sort of guess.

The nonconference record is rather meaningless if they don't improve on last year's 3-15 league record.