Thread: Kyle Castlin

Kyle Castlin

Happy to see him offering a strong impact so quickly. Should be interesting to see what he does on the floor.

Enquirer feature on Kyle:

Xavier University men's basketball grad transfer Kyle Castlin: 'I'm playing for my father'

Sophomore
    Great article. Baum has been awesome so far.

Sophomore
    Ivy League basketball is better than you think..I watch Yale games ($8 plus free parking for D1 hoops) and they always compete in the NCAA tournament. They only allow 1 bid but there have been a number of years when they deserved 2 (and rarely 3). Yale beat Baylor in 2016 and was tied with Duke with 4 min to go ..many instances like that . Nice article and look forward to him and all the transfers

First of all wow, talk about an impressive family, older sister wins a Bronze medal at the Olympics, and Kyle playing at high D-1 level. Poor family has been through a lot losing a parent at a young age, but he did well to go to an Ivy League school and receive a degree and now play in the Big East. That type of resiliency is seldom found, I wish Mr. Castlin the best. He seems to have a Malcolm Bernard type of role on the team, a leader as a transfer, someone that can motivate the other guys. I'll be rooting for him to make a splash this season, excited to see what he brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    First of all wow, talk about an impressive family, older sister wins a Bronze medal at the Olympics, and Kyle playing at high D-1 level. Poor family has been through a lot losing a parent at a young age, but he did well to go to an Ivy League school and receive a degree and now play in the Big East. That type of resiliency is seldom found, I wish Mr. Castlin the best. He seems to have a Malcolm Bernard type of role on the team, a leader as a transfer, someone that can motivate the other guys. I'll be rooting for him to make a splash this season, excited to see what he brings to the table.
    Completely agree. Some people just have “it”. He seems to not only have it, but also to get it, and to understand it. I think (based on this article) that he will be a big asset for the team, and not just on the court during games.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Completely agree. Some people just have “it”. He seems to not only have it, but also to get it, and to understand it. I think (based on this article) that he will be a big asset for the team, and not just on the court during games.
    I agree. I imagine his defense and offense will be a huge asset. He will be in our 8 man rotation.

I predict better than M. Bernard.

Great article! Welcome to the Xavier family Kyle!!
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Yes. This is the kind of story that allows us all to better appreciate Castlin... for having gone through what he did and making it to where he now is...

and Baum for writing an article that helps us know Castlin a little better...

and Steele for proving (even before the season starts) that he is a class act who took a chance on a kid for all of the right reasons...

and Xavier for getting it right by hiring Steele and always staying true to the Xavier way as opposed to trying to be like some other school just to get ahead.

Kyle sounds like a tremendous person. I will be rooting for him now even more than I normally would have. Proud to say we are giving a special guy like him a chance to shine in his final season.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I agree. I imagine his defense and offense will be a huge asset. He will be in our 8 man rotation.

I predict better than M. Bernard.
    While, it would be nearly absurd to expect any transfer to have the impact Bernard had during the NCAA tournament, I definately could see Kyle becoming that sort of leader who motivates his teammates and provides a needed spark that propels X to win some games during the year... and maybe... just maybe the guy who wills X to win one or two more games in the NCAA tournament.
    Last edited by IM4X; 09-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.

What a great article! I didn’t realize much of that. You’d have to root for him (almost) anywhere he went, but I’m thrilled he’s at X!