Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran Desert Muskie View Post
    Those early weekday games have to be a pain in the arse for people going to the games, but they also suck for those of us living out west. The games are nearly over by the time you get home from work and turn on the tube.
    Thank God for DVR!

Schedule Notes:

1 - Season has been moved out a week. Last year we ended on Sat 3/3. This year on Sat 3/9
    2 - We start our conference play a week earlier than the ACC; Dec 29 versus Jan 6
    3 - Someone like Duke even has an extra game in conference (St Johns) as we sometimes had Cincinnati
    4 - So, we have a more relaxed conference schedule (18 games over one more week), but a little more compact in the non-confernce

Wonder which way is better for the team?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Schedule Notes:

1 - Season has been moved out a week. Last year we ended on Sat 3/3. This year on Sat 3/9
    2 - We start our conference play a week earlier than the ACC; Dec 29 versus Jan 6
    3 - Someone like Duke even has an extra game in conference (St Johns) as we sometimes had Cincinnati
    4 - So, we have a more relaxed conference schedule (18 games over one more week), but a little more compact in the non-confernce

Wonder which way is better for the team?
    I heard Mario Mecurio (assistant AD) on a podcast. He says this schedule is really favorable compared to all the other ones in years past.
    He said that it has good days of rest, good opponents for a high seed, and home/away nonconference is ideal except annoying us with Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I heard Mario Mecurio (assistant AD) on a podcast. He says this schedule is really favorable compared to all the other ones in years past.
    He said that it has good days of rest, good opponents for a high seed, and home/away nonconference is ideal except annoying us with Wisconsin.
    Heard that podcast also. Some other interesting ridbits about scheduling on it, were that they will soon announce exempt tournaments for the next 4 years, there are ongoing discussions at the conference office level about agreements with other conferences for games similar to the Gaviett, the “Ohio Tip-off” is probably at least 3 years from happening, if ever, and look for an August overseas trip to Spain next year for the team. Lots of interesting stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Heard that podcast also. Some other interesting ridbits about scheduling on it, were that they will soon announce exempt tournaments for the next 4 years, there are ongoing discussions at the conference office level about agreements with other conferences for games similar to the Gaviett, the “Ohio Tip-off” is probably at least 3 years from happening, if ever, and look for an August overseas trip to Spain next year for the team. Lots of interesting stuff on it.
    I am interested to see what the exempt tournaments will be.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I am interested to see what the exempt tournaments will be.
    Shannon has mentioned that we'll likely be in Charleston, back in Orlando, and back in the Bahamas 3 of the next 4 years.(in no particular order)

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Shannon has mentioned that we'll likely be in Charleston, back in Orlando, and back in the Bahamas 3 of the next 4 years.(in no particular order)

The stateside exempts interest me more than the out of country at this point. It's cost prohibitive for me at least.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Missouri's best player had an ACL injury and is out for the season.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Missouri's best player had an ACL injury and is out for the season.
    Could see that game go from an almost certain quad 1 game to a quad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Could see that game go from an almost certain quad 1 game to a quad 2.
    Do they even have quads anymore with this new NET system?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.